Windows XP Formatting Woes

Reaction score
Oh dear,

As i'm asure some of you are aware I really really wanted to continue playing FO3 but my 64bit system just wasnt having it. Well today i though I would use my spare 15k Raptor and install a basic system just for the game and boot via the Boot menu on my BIOS screen.

So i put in the disk and started XP up to be told the drive needed formatting etc. The drive was labeled 'G' ok i thought - I'll just do a quick format. " are you sure you want to format this HDD?". "Yes I do I replied, forthwith. Thankyou"

I Chose quick format because I just couldnt be bothered waiting 20mins and made sure I picked 'G' (it was highlighted). Formatting drive 'C' was the message I got.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Waaah, quickly shut machine off. Son of a ^&*F(*~ NO

Although it didnt do the whole drive its done enough to stop me getting access and my entire x64bit O/S is not accessable now. When I try to access it this new installation tells me the drive needs formatting. However I do know that XP cannot recognise x64 bit systems. Anyone got an idea which will allow me to backup the drive again or at least give me enough access to it to make sure theres noothing i need on it? I may have lost a load of bookmarks and maybe some bits of software but nothing relaly important as I do back up PHEW!!!

It DEFO said DRIVE 'G'. I have proper seen my bum. I dont really want to be installing anohter x64 system just to see if I can access it if I don't need too

Thanks guys and girl. Ideas appreciated :)

Reaction score
Yeah i was thinking of something along those lines. What a git lol

Thanks mate :) will give it a try tomoz let u know

Reaction score
I have managed to get most of the stuff I wanted from the previous drive. Lost a lot of movies but no too bothered about those really.

I'm glad all the pics of my son were aready backed up or still on the camera

My next issue now is whether I shoud reinstall XP x64. I never really noticed that much of a difference tbh. The odd thing like encoding and large RAR file extraction yes but apart from that not a lot.

What you guys think?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Use the original drive for XP 32 an put a linux 64 os on that Raptor and whatch it fly. I encoded stuff on me Mandy 64 an it was pretty darn fast with good results.

:D

Ask a Question