Forced Uninstall

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I have a couple of part programmes on my PC which will not uninstall, despite being on the Uninstall lists of Control Panel, CCleaner and Wise Care. It really annoys me and I suspect that they might be causing problems.

I note on the Wise Care system I get two uninstall options 1. Safe Uninstall and 2. Forced Uninstall

Safe Uninstall does not work (Uninstaller\unins000.msg missing appears when I try it). There is clearly quite a difference between the two types of uninstall and I just need to know if it is safe to go ahead and force the issue. What sort of problems might arise if I do go ahead?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
take an image/backup ... force uninstall ... report back here if success or fail

then we'll all know :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have to wonder what these two programs are that won't uninstall.

If software doesn't uninstall it's my opinion it's not to be trusted. Could even be Malware.

I searched for this Wisecare software and after a brief lookaround must confess I can't find much being said against it but any software that promises to 'speed up your PC and get it going like new again' (or words to that effect) is usually not to be trusted.

I won't touch anything like that with a bargepole meself.

I can, however, vouch for these two: CCleaner and PrivaZer (Privazer recommended to me by our very own Bootneck). They work, don't contain Malware and don't make extravagant claims.

If the only choice you're getting is to forcibly remove the software you don't want then my advice would be to go ahead and do that. And then, if you're comfortable delving into the registry, 'regedit' and remove any traces of said programs.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, I created a System Restore Point and then went ahead and did the forced uninstall with Wise Care. The programmes are now gone. :thumb: And all seems to be OK so far.

I have to wonder what these two programs are that won't uninstall.

They were Epson Easy Photo Print and SuperAntiSpyware neither of which had fully downloaded. The file size shown on the Control Panel Uninstall List was only about half of what it should have been for a full install. Don't know why this happened. I assume that the uninstall file, for each, was part of the programme that was missing. If this is the case then it is suggested that a full new download will provide everything needed for an uninstall but I tried this and still I could not manage it.

I usually use CCleaner or sometimes the Control Panel to uninstall items but repeated tries would not shift the programmes at all. That's when I had a look at Wise Care, simply to see if it would do the job, and that's when I found this chance to Force Uninstall (not present on CCleaner or Control Panel) as Safe Uninstall would not shift them either.

then, if you're comfortable delving into the registry, 'regedit' and remove any traces of said programs.

I am not comfortable delving into the registry. I feel that is for people more capable than I am so I intend to leave well alone now that all seems OK. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Glad to hear you've had a result there Mr Niv :thumb:

Mebbe this WiseCare thingie is ok but after many years seeing programs like that cause more trouble than they're worth, I'm a bit wary ;)

Incomplete downloads that managed to install is unusual but it would explain the inability to uninstall.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
but any software that promises to 'speed up your PC and get it going like new again' (or words to that effect) is usually not to be trusted.

I totally concur, I also never take any notice of claims to speed up matters and ignored all that guff. A Google Search suggested it was fine for Forced Uninstall and now it's done its job it's "Goodbye". :)

Ask a Question