Firefox version recommendations

casey.o

Firefox seems to change their versions so fast I cant keep up. I've
been using the last of their version 3 on Win98, which is all that I
could run. Now that I have XP installed, I want a much newer version.
It appears that 27.0.1 is the latest, but I dont necessarily need the
very latest. My install of XP is SP2, so maybe this newest version of
FF would be too much for XP. Then too, there are buggy versions....
What do you recommend?

At the same time, I have not used IE in years. Ver 6 was a piece of
shit and all that Win98 could handle. I have heard that the newer
versions are good. It appears that Version 8 is the last one to work on
XP. (Remember, I have SP2). Is it worth installing? Is there any
other versions that work on XP? I guess ver 11 is their latest.

Thanks

Andy

Firefox seems to change their versions so fast I cant keep up. I've

been using the last of their version 3 on Win98, which is all that I

could run. Now that I have XP installed, I want a much newer version.

It appears that 27.0.1 is the latest, but I dont necessarily need the

very latest. My install of XP is SP2, so maybe this newest version of

FF would be too much for XP. Then too, there are buggy versions....

What do you recommend?

At the same time, I have not used IE in years. Ver 6 was a piece of

shit and all that Win98 could handle. I have heard that the newer

versions are good. It appears that Version 8 is the last one to work on

XP. (Remember, I have SP2). Is it worth installing? Is there any

other versions that work on XP? I guess ver 11 is their latest.

Thanks

I use Firefox 25 as the newer versions are bloated and take away some of your ability to customize it.

You may want to look at SeaMonkey.
That is my primary browser.

Andy

BillW50

I use Firefox 25 as the newer versions are bloated and take away some of your ability to customize it.

You may want to look at SeaMonkey.
That is my primary browser.

Sounds like SeaMonkey is just older versions of Firefox? :-O

By the way, I noticed that webpages on Firefox v29 looks virtually the
same as Firefox v4. Firefox v3 also comes very close. Although Firefox
v2 webpages looks worse than IE6 does and those look pretty bad today.

Buffalo

"BillW50" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Sounds like SeaMonkey is just older versions of Firefox? :-O

By the way, I noticed that webpages on Firefox v29 looks virtually the same
as Firefox v4. Firefox v3 also comes very close. Although Firefox v2
webpages looks worse than IE6 does and those look pretty bad today.

FireFox ver 29?

J. P. Gilliver (John)

(There is a three-letter version that doesn't change so fast; I can't
remember what the three letters are, but if you look in
mozilla.support.firefox [not carried by many servers], you should find
reference to it and how to get it.)
[]
I use Firefox 25 as the newer versions are bloated and take away some
of your ability to customize it.

+1
[]
IE8 _is_ worth getting - 6 allegedly had lots more security holes. I
think Windows Update - for another month or so anyway! - runs better if
you have IE8.