Favorites Desktop Shortcuts Dont Work

Parker

Hello All,
I have created several URL shortcuts to the desktop from the favorites pane
in IE6. I right clicked, then send to, then desktop shortcut. They stopped
working. They do not open IE6 or the webpage. Nothing seems to happen. If
I open IE6 then favorites then click on the favorite it opens just fine.
These desktop shortcuts did work but I'm not sure why they no longer open
the URL's. I did delete them and tried to recreate them to no avail. I
also cleared all cookies and IE6 temp files again to no avail. I'm at a
loss, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any Replies in Advance

Don Varnau

Hi,
The Favorite is already a shortcut. So you've created a shortcut to a
shortcut.

Try this... Use Windows Explorer to browse to your Favories folder. Find the
Internet shortcut you want. Right-click, drag to the desktop, choose Copy.

Or, go to the website. Grab (left-click) the icon at the left side of the
Address Bar. Drag that to the desktop. Rename if desired.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Parker

Hi Don,

Thank you for your response. I'll let you know the outcome.

Parker said:
Hello All,
I have created several URL shortcuts to the desktop from the favorites pane
in IE6. I right clicked, then send to, then desktop shortcut. They stopped
working. They do not open IE6 or the webpage. Nothing seems to happen. If
I open IE6 then favorites then click on the favorite it opens just fine.
These desktop shortcuts did work but I'm not sure why they no longer open
the URL's. I did delete them and tried to recreate them to no avail. I
also cleared all cookies and IE6 temp files again to no avail. I'm at a
loss, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any Replies in Advance

Parker

Thank You Again! That was the problem. The desktop shortcut now work
properly

Parker said:
Hello All,
I have created several URL shortcuts to the desktop from the favorites pane
in IE6. I right clicked, then send to, then desktop shortcut. They stopped
working. They do not open IE6 or the webpage. Nothing seems to happen. If
I open IE6 then favorites then click on the favorite it opens just fine.
These desktop shortcuts did work but I'm not sure why they no longer
open
the URL's. I did delete them and tried to recreate them to no avail. I
also cleared all cookies and IE6 temp files again to no avail. I'm at a
loss, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any Replies in Advance

Don Varnau

You're welcome! Thanks for reporting back.

Don