Ethernet Port on Laptop

Reaction score
OK, i need to find out if the Ethernet Port on my sisters laptop is working or not.
The hard part is that it's 200 miles away in Devon!!
Any quick & easy way to talk my sister through checking all is ok & it could be the cable or router that has a problem.

The way i thought was Control Panel>Internet Connections>Local Area Connection>General>
And check whats ticked or not.

I think it's the router or the cable that's at fault, but her ISP say it's her ethernet port thats not working.
ISP suggest taking it to PCWorld, but local pc repair man will do it quicker & cheaper!

Any help would really be useful.

Cheers in advance.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
umm, plug it into the router and see if you can loginto it. Make sure your not connected via wifi tho. ;)

Reaction score
As V-R says plug an ethernet cable in and see..Disable WIFI first though..HAs your sister got a few cables she can try..?
PC World NOOOOOOOO!!! they'll probs tell her she needs this and that and end up paying 2 million PC world dollars...

Reaction score
Plug into router and check weather you can see light on ethernet port or not ? If Ethernet Port is working and pluged it to working router you will see green light on it. Cheers

Ask a Question