Error on Start up "Userinit.exe "

G

Hi,
When I am trying to logon to member server to the domain! I received the following message "Userinit.exe: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

This server is Exchange server 2000, when trying to install SP3 for exchange this message appears and preventing continue the installation process.
Please help to solve this problem

M

Mik

Check this link :

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

Click on the Letter U and then read the stuff about USERINIT.

Mik

Muh said:
Hi,
When I am trying to logon to member server to the domain! I received
the following message "Userinit.exe: The procedure entry point could
not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"
This server is Exchange server 2000, when trying to install SP3 for
exchange this message appears and preventing continue the installation
process.

G

The note was "USERINIT is the program which Winlogon runs immediately after a user successfully logs onto a Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 PC. USERINIT runs logon scripts, re-establishes network connections, and then starts Explorer.exe, the Windows user interface (the START button, etc..).

Recommendation :
An integral part of the operating system – leave well alone. Depending on what runs at logon on your PC and on the network (if you are connected to one), and also depending on the speed of your PC, USERINIT will normally stay in your Task List for only 30 seconds to 3 minutes, and will then terminate and disappear off the Task List. If you experience USERINIT errors on logon on a Windows 2000 PC/Server, make sure you have installed at least Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000. If you experience errors in other circumstances, then check your PC for viruses.

Thank you Mik but the problem still exist ! and every login I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del to start new task (explorer.exe)

Ask a Question