Error connecting 0x800ccc0f

smiley

I am running Outlook 2002 on OfficeXP. For some unknown
reasons I am getting this error message the whole day to
ay and could not get online with my Outlook. Please help!

Sending and Receiving reported error (0x800ccc0f). The
connection to the server was interrupted.

Jim Nickerson

smiley said:
I am running Outlook 2002 on OfficeXP. For some unknown
reasons I am getting this error message the whole day to
ay and could not get online with my Outlook. Please help!

Sending and Receiving reported error (0x800ccc0f). The
connection to the server was interrupted.

I had a similar problem.
I was able to use a web based mail reader and get the "BAD" message.

virus scan enabled and error 0x800ccc0f after a long wait

virus scan not enabled and error 0x8004210a after a long wait
My outlook now works fine.
Jim Nickerson

I called Microsoft and they said::::::::

PROBLEM:

Unable to download some e-mails through a POP3 client, (Outlook or Outlook
Express). The client hangs until it times out.

CAUSE:

The messages that are not downloadable do not contain a proper POP3Tail, or
termination sequence "<CRLF>.<CRLF>" as per RFC 1939. So, the client never
sees the termination sequence and therefore cannot continue to download
other messages.

RESOLUTION:

Using REGEDT32, add a Dword value to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\POP3SVC\Parameters\Chec
kPop3Tail

Set the value to "1".

I have this same problem and it's switching between my accounts. I tried to
do this fix but I don't seem to have a POP3SVC. What can I do now?

Jim Nickerson

Mari,
You must add the new keys POP3SVC and under it Parameters and under it the
new DWORD value CheckPop3Tail.
If you are not comfortable/familiar with REGEDT32 please seek assistance.
Jim

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\POP3SVC\Parameters\CheckPop3TailSet the value to "1"."Mari" <[email protected]> wrote in messagehave this same problem and it's switching between my accounts. I triedto> do this fix but I don't seem to have a POP3SVC. What can I do now?>> "Jim Nickerson" wrote:>>>>> "smiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> > I am running Outlook 2002 on OfficeXP. For some unknown>> > reasons I am getting this error message the whole day to>> > ay and could not get online with my Outlook. Please help!>> >>> > Sending and Receiving reported error (0x800ccc0f). The>> > connection to the server was interrupted.>>>> I had a similar problem.>> I was able to use a web based mail reader and get the "BAD" message.>>>> virus scan enabled and error 0x800ccc0f after a long wait>>>> virus scan not enabled and error 0x8004210a after a long wait>> My outlook now works fine.>> Jim Nickerson>>>> I called Microsoft and they said::::::::>>>> PROBLEM:>>>> Unable to download some e-mails through a POP3 client, (Outlook orOutlook>> Express). The client hangs until it times out.>>>> CAUSE:>>>> The messages that are not downloadable do not contain a proper POP3Tail,or>> termination sequence "<CRLF>.<CRLF>" as per RFC 1939. So, the clientnever>> sees the termination sequence and therefore cannot continue to download>> other messages.>>>> RESOLUTION:>>>> Using REGEDT32, add a Dword value to:>>>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\POP3SVC\Parameters\Chec>> kPop3Tail>>>> Set the value to "1".>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>