Epson R300 CD

LSP

Hi all:
I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it from
said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software can
not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to get
the thing set up!
So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. Thanks
so much.

Miss Perspicacia Tick

LSP said:
Hi all:
I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought
it from said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download
everything I needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly
true. The software can not be downloaded & it was a bear going
through all the driver files to get the thing set up!
So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a
copy of the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping
me out. Thanks so much.

I don't understand this - all the necessary software *can* be downloaded
from Epson's site. But here's something I don't understand; as you've never
seen the CD, how do you know what's on it to know that you're missing
something?

I have an R800, and I've never used the CD to install it, or the software.
Everything I've ever used I've downloaded from Epson's site.

Here's the link (http://tinyurl.com/dcx43) to all the downloads for the
R300. That's everything; trust me. What do you think you're missing?

CarBone

You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
them order a CD for you.

The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
CD software anywhere on the site.

Miss Perspicacia Tick

CarBone said:
You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
them order a CD for you.

The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
CD software anywhere on the site.

No we don't. I have a friend in the US with an identical printer and the
software is the same.

Kevin

And this is our problem because . . .
So tell this "guy" you bought it from to come up with the CD or take 20% off
what you paid for it. Of course you can't download software like Adobe
Photoshop Elements, you have to buy it or use the version bundled with the
printer. The drivers are, of course, freely available on the Epson website.
So is the user manual. Like Miss P, I don't see a problem here.

CarBone

The European version of the R300 comes with PhotoQuicker software and
the American R300 comes with Film Factory software.
Also, you cannot download Epson Print CD so you will not be able to
print on CD's or DVD's.

If the person who needs the R300 disk will repost with an email
address, I will make arrangements to send an extra copy of the
original Epson R300 driver disk to them.

CSE

Hi all:
I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it from
said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software can
not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to get
the thing set up!
So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. Thanks
so much.

90% of the Software in on the Epson sites..

Go Look..

LSP

Thanks so very much CarBone. I'm glad you understood. There was this email
address in the header, so I decided to give it a try. Maybe it will work
and maybe not. My email is (e-mail address removed)