Epson 1290-head cleaning?

Reaction score
Hi,can anyone tell me the correct way to clean the print head on my used epson 1290?it worked perfectly until i changed the colour cartridge,and now does not want to print BLUE.i have tried different new cartridges,a head cleaning cartridge to no avail.when the printer arrived there was a lot of ink underneath the right hand side,but worked fine after a few nozzle cleans,but has now decided to callit a day.Any suggestions please?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3726761.php

See post 6 at the above. Worked for my blocked Epsom.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Most printers today have some sort of cleaning routine where either you instruct the printer to go through a cleaning cycle via a program on your computer or you press a sequence of buttons on the printer itself to begin the process.Other wise you can use head cleaning solution or alcohol to clean it.

Reaction score
For head cleaning of your printer,you can use a solvent or hot water to clean it and after that you have to run a cleaning cycle at ones .

Reaction score
after using the printer cleaning program if it still dont work> remove the print head and soak in plain water for one hour and rinse off> let it dry overnight> replace> clean again with printer cleaning program and print a test page. works for me:nod:

Ask a Question