Epson 600 Black Ink Cartridge Problems.....Please Help!

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the right section.

I've got an Epson Stylus Color 600 Inkjet, its now about 12 years old but it is in good condition and I've always taken good care of it. Its also a very good quality inkjet.

Over the years, I've mainly bought compatible ink cartridges from a company called Jetica, and the print quality has always been good. When I learned that this company had gone bust, I purchased compatible ink cartridges from cartridgepeople.com as they are a reputable company.

However, ever since I put the black ink cartridge in I bought from cartridgepeople, the print quality has always been faint and smudgy.

I used the head cleaning function on the printer several times without any improvement.

I purchased an original ink cartridge from Ebay in the hope that I won't have such problems, but the print quality is still faint and smudgy. When I try printing in colour with the compatible coloured ink cartridge I bought from Jetica, the print quality is fine.

If I get a replacement black ink cartridge and the same problem persists, could this mean that there isn't a problem with the ink cartridges, but the black ink printing facility on my printer?

Any ideas?

Please advice.

Kind regards,

Jay

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could just be the new carts aren't as good as the old one, but you won't know if it's a problem with your printer until you try a better make.

That printer is very old now, so it may be more economical to buy a newer printer - you can get decent enough printers for around £35 now, and I'm sure they will also have compatible carts. :)

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply and all of your general hard work on this website.

Following on from my post I would like some more guidance from you please.

As the ink cartridges from the two recent sellers haven't printed properly, I'm thinking about buying one from one these sellers:

a) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EPSON-S020093...=item35a7add838

Sells original Epson cartridge but date expired in Dec 2008, however he has got good feedback on Ebay and told me that they print fine and that he has had no complaints.

b) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Ebay seller sells compatible cartridges but they have very good feedback and seem a very professional company.

*I have seen cavillas' post re: http://www.inkandmedialtd.co.uk/aca...Cartridges.html

so may look into this as a compatible option too.

1) I value your opinion, so please tell me which one of the purchases I should make, the original (out of date) one or the compatible one?

2)Whichever one I buy and use, if the print quality is still the same ie, faint and smudgy, would you say this indicates fault with the printer and it needs replacing?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Jay

Ask a Question