Ei Systems Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Jimbo 36

The reason the "tech guys" is the nearest thing to a web site for the Dixons/Currys/PC World sold Ei systems machines, is because the "tech guys" is the Dixons/Currys/PC World owned customer service/ repair facility that deals with all the problems with the crap they sell. Thanks for the effort though. Try located any generic spares of parts for them. That's when you have the issue. My tip for the day - Don't buy the Crap.

Reaction score
EI Systems

I think i have fount the EI systems website, www.eisystems.be seems to be the only website called eisystems and actually sells the ei system products, EI systems seems to be a nederlands product, starting to wonder if ive made the right choice by buying a EI systems computer :confused: message back to see if u agree with the website..

Reaction score
it's not currys fault mate. if you buy an ei systems laptop expect it to break. go for a packard bell or something instead if you want a decent cheap lappy

Reaction score
EiS 102

I've run an EiS 102 desktop with Windows XP pre-installed for nearly a year. One of the biggest problems was sorting out how much to pay for it at the PCWorld checkout. A good half an hour. Incredible! That apart, it has generally performed well, apart from the need to do a couple of "System Restores" which did what they were supposed to.

The one issue that I still have, is that no OS (Windows XP) disc came with it. You are supposed to be able to make a system disk with the DVD writer when first using the PC. I have never succeeded in this. The system disc creation process goes OK, until the point where it starts to burn the blank (brand new) DVD (R/W) disc, whereupon, after a few seconds a message appears which says that the disk is not blank. Sure enough , you can see where something has been etched onto the previously blank disc. Yet, put this disc into the separate DVD burner programme and it shows as a "blank disc". This has happened several times, so surely it cannot be a dodgy disk or two. Using the DVD writer programme I have managed to copy data files satisfactorily onto another blank disk, so I guess that proved the DVD writer and software are OK.

Any hints and tips as to where things might be going wrong, please?

Presumably if I were to have a catastrophic failure at some time in the future which necessitated resurrecting the whole thing from a system disk, I could not rely upon being able to use a previously purchased Windows XP system disk (Microsoft genuine, original etc,etc) in the EiS machine.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Any hints and tips as to where things might be going wrong, please?
You really need to start your own thread ... jumpin on the end of someone else post will not get you noticed by all who can help.

;)

Reaction score
I have had an Eisystem 4413 for 3 1/2 yrs. It's absolutely fine except that the Panasonic battery does not seem to hold it's charge anymore, so can only use on electric.
Any ideas where I can get another battery from?
ALSO I have been wondering about buying a Universal external battery that lasts for 6-8 hrs. on a 3hr.charge but do not know if this will work just through my present battery - in which case I won't need to buy another Panasonic one - but if the battery in the lap top needs to be able to hold it's charge before this external one will work then I still need to buy another Panasonic (or one which will fit) for the Eisystem 4413.
Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question