eiSystems 4410 not booting - help!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm trying to help a friend with their eiSystems laptop, it's a 4410 model & I know they bought it from PCWorld/Currys etc, she wanted to get more memory in it, but this is where I hit a big problem & now it won't boot up at all!

It has 128mb PC2700 DDR 333Mhz, I purchased a 1gb stick of PC2700 DDR 333Mhz & installed it correctly but it wouldn't boot up, the lights come on for a second then go off (under the scr); the power light on the side comes on green then flashes green/amber/green continually & the fan cuts in & out, so I put the original memory back in & it's not booting up either!! - it's just doing the exact same thing, I'm really stuck with this & don't know what to do!!

please can someone give me any advice, or help if possible,

Thanks in advance,

Jtk

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but, what you describe is indicative of a motherboard "shorting" somewhere ... in other words, it's nucking fackard.

You may be able to "reset" it, I'm afraid I don't know how ... ieSystems are very secretive on any info of their machines.

I think the max size is 256 for that model, don't quote me on that, an ie-system ain't a real PC in my eyes.

Sorry.

:user:

Reaction score
:( oh dear! that's not good news, 'cos I've a feeling I'm going to get the blame for totally wrecking her laptop that was working (albeit exeedingly slowly) when she gave it to me... thanks for your comments, anyhow...

If anyone's got any advice on how I should handle this situation now I'd appreciate it as I don't want to be faced with losing a friend or paying for a new lappy....

Does anyone know if it is possible to 'reset' the motheboard as suggested?? if so pls let me know, I'm willing to try anything at this stage....

jtk

Ask a Question