Ebuyer returns

Reaction score
Hi

I recently sent a faulty laptop back to Ebuyer due to there being a buzzing and scratching noises coming from the speakers this was confirmed as faulty by HP. I contacted Ebuyer to return the laptop who told me the in order for them to accept the unit back they need HP to fill out a DOA form I was passed from person within in HP all of them said that they dont have the forms for Ebuyer and that I should have not been asked to fill this out just to return a faulty laptop. They told me its Ebuyers responsibility to do this. After speaking to Ebuyer again they agreed to take the unit back on the bases of repair / replacement, they have now had this almost 10 days now and it's not even been processed yet. I contacted them and they said that they had a backlog of returns and it would be looked at but they still haven't processed it yet. I know people have returned stuff to Ebuyer on here before what was the processing time like?

I have returned lots of other items in the past to Ebuyer and never had anyproblems.

Would be grateful for any help you can offer.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi V_R

Thanks for your reply

I've had it since November of last year. Problems only started a few weeks ago.

When I first spoke to Ebuyer they said that if I can get the DOA form HP they would just replace the laptop not even bother repairing it, unfortunately they said this over the phone so I don't have anything in wirting confirming this. I did give them the fault number that HP gave me but they were not interested.

Ebuyer have now discontinued this laptop.

If I don't hear anything from them in the next few days shall I quote the Sales of goods act 1979 and the DSR ?

I did think about returning the item to HP as they offered to fix it however my contract is with Ebuyer.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Reaction score
I've always thought them to be quite vigilant on return in a few times its happened to me

They have however sent me the wrong colour item twice in row even asking them persoanlly on the telephone not to send me a black one again they did. I gave up and had black

It was a multi cardreader so no biggy really

Reaction score
Hi TD and All,

Just to keep this updated in case any one is watching this thread.

Ebuyer emailed me today and promised that this would be looked at today however at 5pm today still no emails from them confirming that this has been done. They have now said that this is next in line to be looked at however have not given any time scales for this. So I don't know how long it will take them to look at this hopefully not much longer as they have said its next in line.

I will keep this thread updated and let you know the outcome.

Reaction score
Resolved

Hi All,

Just to update everyone this has now been sorted out. Ebuyer confirmed the laptop as faulty and have credited back my account with the value of the original laptop. I have now chosen another laptop and 3 hours after ordering it, it was despatched even though I selected within 5 working days delivery. Very impressed with Ebuyer.

Mods can mark this thread as resolved if they want.

Ask a Question