Demise of ebuyer

Reaction score
Last few weeks I have been price comparing and to my amazement sites like overclockers are now beating ebuyer on prices. Not just on one component I saw many.

To add to the problem I have been monitoring the Cosair PSU's on ebuyer and yesterday they have removed a good 3/4 Cosair models

Also I noticed that ebuyer haven't got the latest set of Asus motherboards (ddr3) quite simply no innovation.
I reckon something is going wrong with ebuyer.

Are these signs that we are about to see the fall and demise of ebuyer?

What is going on?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Same thing happened with Komplett, not alot of new stock in, not competetive on prices, going down the drain perhaps?

Lots of Companies doing the same thing, must be hard to keep a good client base, especially will all the special offers and price cuts at the mo.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've said all along that OCUK have about the best range of parts for enthusiasts out of all the online suppliers.

Which is why I never minded paying a little more.

But I think all online PC parts suppliers are feeling the pinch, hence the price levelling.

I personally think the range of CPU's introduced in the last few years, both Intel & AMD but mostly Intel, have prevented people from upgrading.

Because they're so good. And also a lowly 8800 series vid card will play almost all current games.

My thoughts are now, with all my 'puters - why change?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I see your point but i guess there will always be those who want more, but as you said with the CPU's being so good, probably not as many people as before.

Once everyone gets a C2D it will be a while before they upgrade, hopefully with my new tv and monitor, and my current setup i'm not looking at upgrading for at least 2 - 3 years, unless something blows up.

Reaction score
I used to use ebuyer as a benchmark for the lowest price, something that I can no longer do.

The first company I ever used was overclockers back in 2003. I think they are great they would be even greater if they offered a 5 day free delivery service.

Ask a Question