Ebuyer...not very good.

Reaction score
Oh Ebuyer.

You have let me down.

Paying £8.50 for a so called priority delivery service and not delivering is not acceptable.

Especially when you dont contact me to let me know if there has been any problems with the delivery.

Citylink say the item will not be delivered until Monday.

Ebuyer said the item would be delivered today (Friday).

Well it was certainly well worth paying £8.50 for the priority service I didn't actually receive. NOT!

After scanning the web it seems just latey complaints are outweighing compliments for Ebuyer.

Reaction score
Re: Dont use Ebuyer...not very good.

I waited 4 weeks for an item saying "guarenteed before friday" (3 days away) took 4 weeks!

Reaction score

I can well believe it.

Its is actually a breach of contract when "time is of the essence"...which priority service suggests it is. I will be seeking some sort of remuneration I can assure you of that!

Reaction score

Heard bad things, decided to try them, used them 6 times now, all times great service.

Now was it City links fault or eBuyers?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

Never had a problem with ebuyer or city link before. My heatsink i ordered on tuesday night (about 8:00pm) come thursday morning by a city link courier, pretty pleased.

I never pay for special delivery on any internet shops, because they'll always mess it up and your garanteed not to see that special delivery money back. Just stick to bog standard delivery, it moves things along quicker.

Reaction score

It was Ebuyer...I watched (on the web) the item sit in their warehouse for 2 days before being collected by citylink.

I wont use them again. And I certainly wont reccomend them to anyone thats for sure! In fact, quite the opposite. lol.

Maybe Ebuyer should remember the old marketing phrase...

"An unhappy customer, on average, tells 8 people....a happy one, on average, tells 2 people"

The days of the internet probably means this can be updated to...

"An unhappy customer, on average, tells 4000 people...a happy one, on average, tells 3 people"

Enough said.

Reaction score

i used them once because they had these microfilters for £1.12 and that was the cheapest decent ones i could find. i experienced no problems the filters arrived within 3 days as promised! and they r working fine up to this very day!

ive noticed they r quite cheap so im always taking a butchers at their ste now and again.

Reaction score

Reefsmoka said:
Never had a problem with ebuyer or city link before. My heatsink i ordered on tuesday night (about 8:00pm) come thursday morning by a city link courier, pretty pleased.
How annoying! lol.

I ordered my item before you, paid for special delivery and still dont have it. Life isn't fair! :D

But like I thought. The service from Ebuyer can range from good to bad. Although from what I hear 50/50 is not a bad estimate of the chance of good/bad service.

I wonder if it has anything to do with geographic location as to whether service/delivery is poor or not. I do wonder because some people say they have never had any problems with Ebuyer and other people say they have had nothing but trouble.

Reaction score

I'd also like to disagree. Made about 15 purchases from them over 3 years totaling probably about £700 now. Once they failed to dispatch a multi-part order ontime (it was in the run up to xmas) so they dispatched what they could on the thursday and the rest on friday. I was compensated with a free delivery token.

Another time they delivered the incorrect item, I raised an e-note and they sent a courier to come collect it from work. All delt with and refunded in under a week. Another free delivery token for me :). This week I ordered an incorrect item, I sent it back and again they promptly refunded in 2 days!!.

Occasionally they will dispatch 1 or 2 days early.

Now, compared to Microland who absolutely suck suck suck suck... Ebuyer are fab, the fact that they are relatively cheap is a bonus for me. Also, I like the idea that they are a big company so **usually** the customer service should be good. Thats just my experience with them. I know its of little comfort, but all I can say is - you guys with bad experiences must of been unlucky.

Reaction score

Just had an idea. Where do you all live?

Me, I live in London. Practically all goods I have bought from them come from their Sheffield (orange) warehouse.

Maybe we can find a logical explanation.

Reaction score

Well,

I ordered a Belkin UPS 500va and a WinTV card on Tuesday,

Both items were dispatched yesterday, one was drop shipment from supplier and other from eBuyer warehouse in Sheffield.

Funny enough, the initial city link man pulled up at 9am, gave me a box (TV CARD) and i said hey, no chance you have another parcel for me for delivery today, he said hang on and went to rumage in his van, he found the second parcel (UPS) and it was scheduled for a delivery later on his schedule, so he gave it to me at 9am with the other one. Surprises me that they never noticed that both these parcels were being delivered to a C IMRIE. Otherwise he would of came back at around 2pm to deliver the second one.

Chris,

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score

That sounds about right chris, initial city link gorilla's i'm surprised they could read your order at all, to be honest....;)

Reaction score

Called them up one day (city link) and said...

Me: hey wheres my parcel you were meant to deliver it today - i got an email saying you tried but no one was in

Them: Thats correct - they tried to deliver at 1:28 to the house with a white front door.

Me: White? My front doors brown

Them: your consignment is on the van to be delivered tomorrow then

Me: its urgent - bring it to me tonight

Them: sorry can't do that the vans on its way back

Me: {Very Annoyed}

They are total {insert offensive word here}!! Ah well...

Reaction score

Haha guys...

Again I've always had it either Royal Mail Recorded (posties a dude) or Initial City Link (I always get the same dude, so we like know eachother now lol). Initial City Link arn't too bad in my experience. Parceline, now they SUCK!. Their depot is in Reading (30 miles away from me) if I wanted to collect.

What would make the world a better place - If you could specify a 1/2 hour slot for your courier.

Reaction score

tbh we haven't had that much of a problem with city link either - though something fishy happened yesterday...

I ordered a Sony CDXS-2000 stereo off of eBay...delivered via CityLink at 9am...opened the bag then found that it had been put in a bag which had been sealed then ripped open by someone...and someone had just thrown the lot into a new bag and sealed it.

Maybe someone was looking for something...

Reaction score
Ebuyer - Top Seller

I'm a PC professional and tried Ebuyer for 1 or 2 items that my regularly supplier didn't have.

Findings:
Good quality
Best Prices
Excellent automated system for returns (if for items I wrongly ordered)

Ebuyer are now my one of my key regular suppliers.(e-mail address removed)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
HomeTech said:
I'm a PC professional and tried Ebuyer for 1 or 2 items that my regularly supplier didn't have.

Findings:
Good quality
Best Prices
Excellent automated system for returns (if for items I wrongly ordered)

Ebuyer are now my one of my key regular suppliers.

E-Buyer are a regular supplier to you?

I thought you said you were a professional?
laughingsmiley.gif

Sorry.

;)

Ask a Question