Eating out in London?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am heading off to London on Valentines day next month with my girlfriend, and I don't have a clue where abouts to eat out there. Does anyone have any recommendations, as I am going to have to book up soon no doubt!

The last time I was in London, all I remember is the toy department in Harrods... that is how long ago it was!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good grief Ian, that's a tall question! :)

Have you any idea how many restaurants there are in London, not to mention the diversity, scope and pricing of all those restaurants?

I'm not one for dining out a great deal myself, but I know a few good places.

Trouble is, saying 'I'm staying in London' is a little like saying 'I'm staying in Yorkshire' - it's a big, concentrated place.

So what area will you be staying in?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
When I was in London last I stayed at the Churchill's on Portman Square and the only thing on my mind was to visit HMV, I totally forgot to go and eat:D :D :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I supposed I should have specified a little more detail - I always forget how huge London is ;) As far as I know, it is in the Docklands area (what is it like round there?).

Cheers for the link Mucks, I'll check it out!

I think I will be exactly the same too Quad, but I have a feeling I will be dragged round all of the shops by my girlfriend ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Docklands area, around Canary Wharf, is buzzin' :)

It's good over there now, lots of good places, restaurants, pubs, bars, music venues.

We're going over there soon to celebrate me mate's birthday, going to see Glen Tilbrook play (him who is ex of the band 'Squeeze')

I don't know any good eateries to recommend though, I shall ask about for you.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by floppybootstomp
Docklands area, around Canary Wharf, is buzzin' :)

It's good over there now, lots of good places, restaurants, pubs, bars, music venues.

We're going over there soon to celebrate me mate's birthday, going to see Glen Tilbrook play (him who is ex of the band 'Squeeze')

I don't know any good eateries to recommend though, I shall ask about for you.

Sounds good Floppy! It would be great if you could get some info on places there :)

Ask a Question