Dvi-i Or Dvi-d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am about to buy a new monitor and the ones that im looking at all have DVI-D connectors'. Now, i want to get a graphics card for the monitor, but they all seem to have DVI-I on them.
Do i need to have a DVI-D card to make these monitors work in DVI mode? Or are they all the same?

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
redman said:
I am about to buy a new monitor and the ones that im looking at all have DVI-D connectors'. Now, i want to get a graphics card for the monitor, but they all seem to have DVI-I on them.
Do i need to have a DVI-D card to make these monitors work in DVI mode? Or are they all the same?
http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html

;)

Reaction score
I'd be happier if someone could give me a better answer than the one above.

Reaction score
From reading that link:

A DVI-D is digital only, and so cannot be converted for analog use, but gives better quality

a DVI-I is compatable with both analog and digital signals, but the analog signal needs to be converted to a digital signal.

I dont see anything wrong with the answer mucks gave...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
redman said:
Did you even read the link mucks posted?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
redman said:
Sorry, didn't know you were that lazy ...

Only equipment with a DVI port labeled 'DVI-I' will accept both a DVI-D and DVI-A source signal.
Is that a little clearer or should we spell it out for you?

:rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
redman said:
stop crying MUCK

redman, all of the information on this site is provided my members who try to help each other. No-one is paid or does this for a job, it is simply for the benefit of helping and joining in a community.

Muckshifter tried to help you by pointing you to a site full of all the information you needed to know. If there was something you weren't sure about, of course ask - but it appeared as if you hadn't read a thing and wanted someone else to do it for you! We try to help, but we can't spoonfeed answers to people when we try to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question