psd99 needs a DVI Switch

Reaction score
I am looking for a DVI switch.

I wish to run DVI on both my xbox 360 and my PC on my Samsung 226BW monitor. The difference between VGA and DVI very notable and I wish no longer to run my PC on the VGA.

At the moment I run my 360 on DVI and my PC on VGA. I need some sort of switch instead of going round the back and changing them.

What kind of device am I looking for? will it need any power?
(no more power please)

lol

Reaction score
p.s I need to know what kind of cable I need that will run from the switch into the monitor.

is it DVI female to female?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A cheap KVM switch that handles DVI will do that but I don't know what's out there.

I seem to recall Maplins doing a DVI switch but I think it was expensive.

Edit: Take your pick

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, that'll do.

You'll need a total of three regular male to male DVI cables. You already have one so you'll probably need to buy another two.

Reaction score
Okay making some sense I got two cables already geezer.

One cable is my DVI PC cable the other is the DVI cable from my xbox 360 (HDMI to DVI)

I need one last cable it will run from the switch to the monitor. You sure it is male to male? Will that not be female to female?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Read my lips:

floppybootstomp said:
You'll need a total of three regular male to male DVI cables. You already have one so you'll probably need to buy another two.

Ask a Question