dvd to hd

paul_johnson

hi guys and gals
when using dvd shrink, i end up with a folder full of files that will
only play individually, i cannot play a whole movie, what have i done
wrong?
thanks
paul

Don Burnette

You are playing from the computer right? And you have some .vob files, along
with some others? If you burn those files to a dvd, then it should play the
whole movie fine.
If you want to play the whole movie from your computer, you will need to
open the, I believe it is the video_ts.ifo file, with the program you want
to play the whole movie in. I am not in front of my home computer, to be
able to confirm this is the exact file name.

For instance, if your playing with Media Player, right click the .ifo file,
choose open with, select to search your hard drive for the program, and
choose Media Player. If your using a different player, then choose that one.

The whole movie should play for you this way.

Hope this helps,

Don

paul_johnson

"paul_johnson" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

hi guys and gals
when using dvd shrink, i end up with a folder full of files that will
only play individually, i cannot play a whole movie, what have i done
wrong?
thanks
paul
hi don thanks for the reply, as it happens the dvd i have just rippe
only has vts files no files match your description. i can play eac
segment seperately but not the whole movie. any more ideas//????
pau

Don Burnette

paul_johnson said:
hi don thanks for the reply, as it happens the dvd i have just ripped
only has vts files no files match your description. i can play each
segment seperately but not the whole movie. any more ideas//????
paul

Vts files only? I am not sure, if you ripped a dvd, it should really be
structured with .vob, .bup, .ifo files. You normally then, could open the
video_ts.ifo file with media player, and it would play the whole movie ,
including the menu unless it was taken out through the shrink process.
I only use, dvd shrink, for either creating as .iso image, or for shrinking
a dvd9 to dvd5.

You might try, dvd decrypter, to see if it will do better for you. This is
the program I normally use, for ripping a dvd to hard drive.
http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Don