DVD-RW Drive won't read, write, or recognize anything!

Well the subject is kind of self explanatory...ummm all i did was take out a
dvd-rw disk while it was burning on nero and it messed up...kind of stupid i
kno. ive reinstalled windows...disconnected and reconnected the drive,
updated the firmware, disabled and reenabled, uninstalled and reinstalled
both the driver and the programs...everything...im at my wits end! It does
the same thing for + and - and rw discs of different brands and cd-r discs...
any help will be appreciated in advance. and i will keep up to date... THANK
YOU.

Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
=?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?= said:
Well the subject is kind of self explanatory...ummm all i did was take out a
dvd-rw disk while it was burning on nero and it messed up...kind of stupid i
kno. ive reinstalled windows...disconnected and reconnected the drive,
updated the firmware, disabled and reenabled, uninstalled and reinstalled
both the driver and the programs...everything...im at my wits end! It does
the same thing for + and - and rw discs of different brands and cd-r discs...
any help will be appreciated in advance. and i will keep up to date... THANK
YOU.

How old is the drive? This may sound simple and stupid but did you try a dvd cleaning disk?

Umm actually yes i have and the drive is not that old its an i/o magic ide
dvd-rw 16x

Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Ok, the reason i ask about the drive cleaning disk is because many people think the drive is shot and it can be that simple. I really can't see what you did as being the cause. I would honestly, if you tried everything, I would seriously think the drive is faulty. It could be a bad ide cable or ide connector on the mother board. Did you try plugging another dirve in an see if you have the same problems?

Peter Foldes

Kyle

There was no need to multipost this to so many groups. You had a lot of answers and all being the same

Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
124
Reaction score
0

--
Peter

"Kyle" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Umm actually yes i have and the drive is not that old its an i/o magic ide
> dvd-rw 16x
>
> "PCDaddy" wrote:
>

>> =?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?= Wrote:
>> > Well the subject is kind of self explanatory...ummm all i did was take
>> > out a
>> > dvd-rw disk while it was burning on nero and it messed up...kind of
>> > stupid i
>> > kno. ive reinstalled windows...disconnected and reconnected the drive,
>> > updated the firmware, disabled and reenabled, uninstalled and
>> > reinstalled
>> > both the driver and the programs...everything...im at my wits end! It
>> > does
>> > the same thing for + and - and rw discs of different brands and cd-r
>> > discs...
>> > any help will be appreciated in advance. and i will keep up to date...
>> > THANK
>> > YOU.

>> How old is the drive? This may sound simple and stupid but did you try
>> a dvd cleaning disk?
>>

>> --
>> PCDaddyPosted from https://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Thanks Peter, i'm guessing that i am wasting my breath on this one.

no i multiposted it because different people in different groups say
different things. i know the drive isnt faulty because i burned a cd and a
dvd but when i burned a dvd then i got bored and pressed the eject button and
ctrl+alt+deleted nero then closed the tray again. From that point it just
stopped. I am recieving different solutions and it is very helpful...please
continue posting

Peter Foldes

Instead of multiposting (in your case) it is always better to Cross post. Multiposting is frowned at.

Leythos

no i multiposted it because different people in different groups say
different things.

But if you cross-posted to those groups you would be able to read all
the replied in the SAME group (meaning that any reply to your cross-
posted message in ANY group would appear in all the groups you posted
too, and anyone reading it would be able to see all the replies too).

multi-posting means you have to visit the individual groups, each, to
read the replies separately and there is no merging of minds/solutions.

Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
124
Reaction score
0

"PCDaddy" wrote:

> Peter Foldes Wrote:
> > Kyle
> >
> > There was no need to multipost this to so many groups. You had a lot of
> > answers and all being the same
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "Kyle" wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Umm actually yes i have and the drive is not that old its an i/o

> > magic ide
> > > dvd-rw 16x

> > take

> > of

> > drive,

> > It

> > cd-r

> > date...

> > try

> Thanks Peter, i'm guessing that i am wasting my breath on this one.
>

> --
> PCDaddyPosted from https://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

No you don't know the drive isn't faulty. Any one who has worked with electronics knows they can burn out, screw up, or cause errors at any given point. Coincidences happen all the time with any electronic device.