DVD drive problems

Reaction score
hey,

The DVD Drive in my system has recently started being silly, not recognising any sort of disc put into it. Device manager says there is no problem with the device and boot discs aren't picked up at start up.

A small amount of noise is made, but quite a heavy one. Sort of like a floppy drive makes.

Is it just dead? Ta.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Could be that the laser is covered or has turned faulty, give it a bit of a blow and a shake.

Reaction score
Thackerz said:
Desktop.

TSST Corp. SH S223F CD/DVDRW

As WF has pointed out it sounds like the drive has failed and needs replacing, you can replace it quite cheap now days. What sort of drive are you looking for?

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
Any DVDRW really, pref. black to go with the case. I'm talking to Aria first though, the drive is only 2 months old.

Reaction score
Thackerz said:
Any DVDRW really, pref. black to go with the case. I'm talking to Aria first though, the drive is only 2 months old.

If its only 2months old then they should replace it for you with out any problems as a drive should not die that fast.

Regards,

Wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Mkae sure you check it on another machine first ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds knackered to me. If it's just a DVD drive and not a burner they're only about fourteen quid and probably not worth the agro of rma-ing by post .

Bite the bullet and buy another one would be my advice. Sometimes crap happens.

Ask a Question