Dual monitors

Reaction score
Well I'm no expert, but i had assumed it was pretty standard for systems to have AGP slots for video. At least thats what i think in the US, I know there are differences internationally. But as I said before, don't fret. 9 months is actually a very long time in the world of computers. Generally I could say that you can always upgrade your system every 6 months no matter how much money you spend, their will always be something better in time.

Then again, you said you don't know much about pcs. Well this is your chance, if you read through this forum you will find enough info to build an entire computer. Since I think you need a new motherbaord and video card, you may want to give a read through. Upgrading a video card is a 10 min job. Upgrading a motherbaord can take any where from 20min to 20hours. All depends on how well you prepare yourself.

Reaction score
Hi , the site is excellent for info and it is much appreciated , would love to build my own pc but that is well into the future perphaps when i retire . I have borrowed a monitor and splitter connector and connected the second monitor it is showing the same as the first monitor as expected , would i be right in saying all i have to do now is buy and install a card like the 32 MB Sapphire Radeon card recomended in an earlier post.Stevie

Reaction score
As long as that card supports "Dual display" sounds like you'll be fine, and won't need that splitter. As far as connecting 2 video cards.... that depends on your mobo(motherboard). Just get the better card, if that saphire has dual display your all set.

Reaction score
Hi ,i have bought a matrox dual monitor card and even managed to install it unbelievably i still cant get anything on the second monitor despite following the instructions to the letter .,

Ask a Question