Drivers For A Dell Monitor

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just bought a Dell 15" TFT monitor off a mates mate. At his it looked excellent, picture was sharp and beautiful, at mine it looks terrible! Now i dont know if it could be a graphics card issue? I have a Radeon 9800 Pro.

I would like to know if i could get drivers or summut for the monitor, its a Dell E151FPp.

Or maybe someone could give me some tips on setting it up? Its really like round the edges, almost white! so some guidence would be nice :D .

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd suggest going to the Dell.co.uk site in the support section, they have quite a comprehensive database of files for each product there :)

Make sure you are running it at the same resolution as your friend did - probably 1024x768!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I've checked the Dell website, and thats not too helpful.

And my resolution is 1024x768 thank you ;). and the refresh rate is 75h.

Its really pissing me off now!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't find anything either, so mustn't be anything special - you'll have to tweak it with your graphics card settings I'm afraid!

Reaction score
dell are always 'unreliable' with support! such a shame!

yes its the best thing to do tweak the card usuing the software that may have been provided to make the quality better and more sharper!

Reaction score
Turn the refresh rate down to 60hz. Both TFT monitors in my house look terrible if you set it over - i dont think refresh rates work the same with TFT's.

Give it a try mate.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
psd99 said:
dell are always 'unreliable' with support! such a shame!

yes its the best thing to do tweak the card usuing the software that may have been provided to make the quality better and more sharper!

Well i only checked on there website quickly, i didnt ring up or email them!

There supposed to have the best support in the UK. I wouldn't know though because i've only had mine for about 3 months, and not had a single problem, not even 1 crash to date! Now how many people can honestly say there comp hasnt crashed within the past 3 months.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just tried now and i havent noticed any difference :(.

i thought ya solved it then!

Anyway, ive been playing with the Ati control panel and i think i got it right.

Thanks everyone :D.

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm intruiging. What did you do to the ATI control panel? did you press the auto adjust button on the monitor? think most if not all TFT's have them

am using a dual display set up at the mo - pretty awesome! 19" iiyama vmp 454 and 17" digimate TFT!

see attachment.

Attachments

• 06260007.JPG
    06260007.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,188

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yeah, i might go dual screen too.

I have virtually the same graphics card as you so is it easily done?

Reaction score
Very easy - plug in and extend desktop to second monitor. I used a program that extends the start menu and allows diff. wallpapers but you dont need that to do it.

Dont expect high FPS in any games - 9800pro is just not good enough.
you would idealy want both screens at the same res too.

how much you get the TFT for?

Reaction score
i've got a dual display setup, two 17" CRTs, always best to disable the secondary monitor when playing games. i want two 19" TFT's but first of all i can't afford it at the mo and secondly a dead pixel would drive me insane!

Reaction score
19" TFT's are not cheap! I didnt notice a performance hit in FS2004 when having both screens enabled but there was a massive hit if you tried to have say the GPS on one screen and the cockpit on the other...

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
how much you get the TFT for?
I paid £60 for it.

Also i tried the dual setup, it was pretty kool for abit, but i didnt stick with it, it took up the whole of the desk and there was no room for my speakers :(. I dont think i noticed a drop in frame rate though on far cry, but then again i havent maxed it out!

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, very helpful!

Reaction score
wow - £60 not bad. I built a system for my food tech teacher at school and i chucked in a 15" Dell monitor with that - i belive it cost £210.

You will only notice a drop in frame rate if you play the game actually using both screens, not if you just have them both plugged in.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
wow - £60 not bad. I built a system for my food tech teacher at school and i chucked in a 15" Dell monitor with that - i belive it cost £210.

You will only notice a drop in frame rate if you play the game actually using both screens, not if you just have them both plugged in.
Thats why i bought it quick, i didnt need to be asked twice!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
He just wanted to get rid of it quick i think. He bought a dell computer in one of them deals like you see on telly, and he used to use a 19 inch monitor, and he said the step down to 15 inch was too much, so he sold it me for cheap.

Ask a Question