coolermaster cosmos sports edition:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/142276

the COMPLETE case :_)

i'll PM you my address so you can send it out to me
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I like that Cosmos case too :nod: (perhaps the RC-1000 though).

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I like that Cosmos case too (perhaps the RC-1000 though).

yes I like that one too because it's cheaper

I am waiting for thermaltake, zalman or a similar company to make a similar case for less then hopefully it'll push the cosmos one down.

when it gets closer to £100 I will really consider it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I spent some time looking at cases online and to be quite honest nothing really leapt out at me.

I thought Lian Li and Zalman would have cases I drooled over, but no, although this Lian Li case is rather good, albeit expensive.

I also like the Coolermaster Cosmos RC-1000 case.

I am, however, really rather fond of all the cases I currently have.

Antec 900

Antec Sonata (although mine is the Mk II)

Thermaltake Bach Costs around £100.00.

Lian Li PC-61 Mine has side window and two optical drive stealth covers.

The Lian Li is around 7 or 8 years old now and compared to newer cases it is quite hard to keep components cool without lots of noise. It comes with four quiet 80mm fans as standard but they don't cool very effectively. So changing the stock fans for faster fans obviously leads to more noise.

All of which is a bit mute really cos it's no longer manufactured ;)

It does look gorgeous though :) (imo)

So, tbh nothing out there right now in the high end range really gets my juices flowing.

PS: Zalman once had a super quiet case that cost around £900.00 which I immediately looked for but it seems it's no longer made. That was a seriously nice case, imo.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to afford to pay a cabinet maker to make me a bespoke wooden case to match the rest of my furniture. Trouble is a cabinet maker might not want to make a case out of recycled pallets.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
You have inspired me Abarbarian, i too would like a nice wooden case, so i think i'm gonna have a go at it, i have a week off at the end month, so i will start on my plans now.

anyone got any helpful do's or don't do's from building their own before?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well Wynos_Face a new thread might be in order in the modding section. However I'm planning to use a cut down steel case as a base, it makes it easier for mounting hdd and cd/dvd stuff. So it will be out with the grinder and the welder at some stage. Then I intend to use frame sealant as a buffer between the steel and a wooden case to make it as quiet as possible. I am running some cooling tests at the moment with various fan configurations to see which is the most effective. It is amazing what you can do with masking tape and cardboard. I'm tempted to leave the set up as is but I recon it will be quieter with a wood surround and probably look a touch more professional aswell. I'll also incorporate a 100% efective dust filter, sowith a bit of luck I'll never ever have to hoover the pc again.

laughingsmiley.gif

Sorry for the hijack folks.

happywave.gif

Ask a Question