Cars/Bikes

CSB

Reaction score
Hi all

I've previously had a look on Graeme's forum at Kustoms and noticed a section for the above. I'm not sure if we have one ourselves, so thought I may start one.

We could start off by saying what we drive or ride and anything else you'd like to mention. Any mods done to your vehicle or what your dream vehicle would be. Anything goes in this field. Even pictures if anyone would like to share?

I'll begin by saying I currently drive a Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Diesel. Doesn't go like an ST but it can take off pretty well and I'm going to install a K&N Air Filter Induction Kit model 57-0557 in a few days. Will let me get rid of the stock air intake box and it's paper air filter etc.

Hope to hear from others.

Take care all

Rob

CSB

Reaction score
Hahaha

I bet you've got your bus pass ready too? ............... only joking

At least you're doing your bit for climate change. I work at the same place as my Fiancee so we share the car to work. We even get a lift share space whilst some of the others have to take their chances lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I got shot of me motor three years ago, figured for the little time I used it it would be cheaper to hire one when I needed one. So now when I get work I use one of several friends with cars and we do the work together or I hire a car to get all my tools and equipment to site then use public transport for the duration of the job, using friend or hire car when work finished to transport stuff back again.

At first it was a big relief, especially no bills for repairs, tax, insurance and parking fines but lately I'm starting to miss having wheels, there's nothing like just jumping in the car and driving to wherever takes your fancy.

About the only real prob is shopping for heavy stuff but again - supermarkets deliver and friends are on call for a gallon of petrol ;)

Oh, btw, I started This thread some time ago but I did kinda let it fizzle out :(

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Lexus IS220d SE is the current whip. Looks nice, drives nice though the gearbox is strange. Fuel economy is terrible. Lucky to get 30mpg. £90-£100 gets around 380 mile.

Best car i owned was a vw passat highline. Acres of room, all the gizmos you need and it shifted nice too. A drunk driver drove into it while it was on my drive and i couldnt stand it anymore as it just wasnt the same after repair.

CSB

Reaction score
I've just gone through the thread you started before Flops. Some very nice pictures and cotributions from others. Was a good read.

It deffinately does save a lot of money doing things your way Flops, but then as you say, you don't get the spare of the moment option which is a bummer. Never say never, you could still get another car?

That's one good car Reef, but I don't envy you mpg. I get about 350 per £50 a tank in mine (Ive tested it 3 times to be sure), but then it's diesel too which helps slightly. Its a 10 year old car though and the previous owner treated it badly before I had many things fixed on it i.e Timing Belt done, usual service (it missed a few years), New tyres as it had 3 different types on her. Not to mention the Master cylinder on the cluth which went a few weeks after I had it, along with other things like the starter motor failed and that was another £242 :eek: . An egine stabilzer failed which had to be replaced along with something else to do with the driver side front wheel bearings were crunching. I need to make her pay out now for what I've spent on her. So what was a £1200 car has now cost me approx £2500.

The Ferarri FXX 07 car is nice but then I don't think I can afford it. I'm short of a fiver haha

CSB

Reaction score
Oooooops wrong link above. Thats from the GT6 PS3 game. Well everyone has Google.

I still really like the thread you started Flops. Hopefully we can still keep this fire going. Quick, throw in some more wood into the furnice. This train ain't stopping at the next station even if I have to push it lol.

CSB

Reaction score
A few pics of the K&N filter. The engine needs a clean up, especially the fuel injectors. The original stock Ait Filter and box has been completely removed in this replacement.

Attachments

• KN.jpg
    KN.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 130
  • KN 2.jpg
    KN 2.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 163
  • KN 3.jpg
    KN 3.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 125

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just revisited Flopp's old thread, fantastic looking back :)

I'm still riding the bus but I do get the use of company vehicles for my work when I need them :nod:

Heres one I had all last week a brand new Mazda CX-5 fully loaded and beautiful to drive...£28-grands worth

Attachments

• DSC00306.jpg
    DSC00306.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00308.jpg
    DSC00308.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00307-2.jpg
    DSC00307-2.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00303-2.jpg
    DSC00303-2.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00305.jpg
    DSC00305.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 151

CSB

Reaction score
Very nice car there crazylegs. For £28k I'd be expecting car mats too in addition to a full tank lol. I know its was rented but you'd think they'd want to protect that serious dough. Would be a shame to spoil the original flooring with mud/general wear etc.

The gear stick looks tiny. The handbrake didn't get in the way did it? Poorly placed???

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No the handbrake was offset so it was actually in a decent position as opposed to being slap bang in the middle, the gearstick was nice to use and was a very close ratio box 6 speed too, my only gripe would have been to have reverse in a slightly different position to what it was..

Company cars are just that and any mat sets supplied probably would have been removed when the vehicle was first delivered, they get valeted every week anyway.

CSB

Reaction score
6 speeds usually have the reverse gear in the top left don't they? I know in my Finacee's Toyota Yaris SR it's like that which I don't like myself, but then maybe a matter of just getting used to it.

Close ratio, so you'd need to change gear frequently I take it. I've only had a car after passing first time for the last 6 months maybe less (can't remember when I had it now lol).

In the Yaris, you can make it up hill in 4th, whereas in mine you can go no higher than third if you keep the revs high enough. However, the difference in not only in the engine but the age ( 10 and half compared to 2 years ). Since installing my K&N Induction Kit, it's made a difference but I can't push it too far in fear of the engine popping as it's seen better days. As long as I look after it, I'll hopefully (touch wood) get a couple more years out of her.

Anyone else want to contribute???

Last edited:

Ask a Question