Superdisk

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
These were introduced shortly before hard disks became bigger and more affordable and as such had a short life span.

Good idea at the time though, 120Mb from a floppy disk drive seemed huge after only being able to store 1.44Mb, and muggins here bought one only to see it rendered worthless within 12 months :(

And no, I don't still have it... came across these case inserts having a clear out recently.

Not really relevant to hardware today but a little nostalgia for you all - anybody else have one of these?

Superdisk001.jpg
Superdisk002.jpg
Superdisk003.jpg

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I didn't have one of those, but I do remember the wonder I felt when I got my first USB drive. It was just before I went to uni in 2002. Can't remember if it was 32MB or 64MB :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had one of those too - I really liked it! I could backup pretty much all of my documents on to it and the disks were relatively cheap.

I seem to remember the eject button triggered an electro-mechanical eject, which was more fun than the mechanical alternative ;).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I had the drive & some disk right up until I move flats last month, went out with a lot of other, err, old stuff.

:wave:

Ask a Question