Dogfight 1942

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
At last! A flight sim I can actually play and have some fun with :)

Which means, of course, it's dead easy ;)

Well, it is quite easy to play, especially if you choose the Easy setting but I have never ever previously found a flight sim that I was any good at. But I am enjoying Dogfight 1942, now on 4th level.

I tried the Xbox 360 demo a few days ago then saw it pop up on Steam for £10.79 so I bought it. It was on offer when I bought it, small discount, but it shouldn't cost more than £12.50 as I remember.

If you're not a fan of serious Flight Simulation but always wanted to have an airborn shoot-em-up in a WW2 fighter without being beaten up too much, then this one's for you.

Sir flops recommends :thumb:

PS: Microsoft game controller is a must for this one.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just taken a look at this now Flops... and it looks good! Bex has an xbox style controller I can borrow/steal ;).

Is it just lots of missions for single/multiplayer, rather than open skies combat with lots of people online?

I've added it to my watchlist, so next time there's a Steam sale I'll pick it up. Still trying to finish things I picked up in the Christmas & Easter sales :blush:.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Is it just lots of missions for single/multiplayer, rather than open skies combat with lots of people online?

I've only played single missions so far. I rarely play online with most games, exceptions being CoD4, CoD_MW3 and Team Fortress 2.

So - I dunno ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That looks ridiculously easy..Ace mode is definitely for me..:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

Thanks, I guess that should answer the question! Watching it now :)

I've only played single missions so far. I rarely play online with most games, exceptions being CoD4, CoD_MW3 and Team Fortress 2.

I guess it's good news that it's good as a standalone single player game - I normally go through it in single player and then on to multi if I enjoy it. Been playing TF2 a little bit recently too, the new robot mode is quite good :D.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This actually looks quite good fun. :)

Added to me wishlist.

Ask a Question