Battlefield 1942

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Four years ago a friend lent me this game but I just couldn't get into it.

Today I picked it up for £12.50 in a triple pack with Road To Rome & Secret Weapons of WWII.

So I loaded it up and I've just taken a breather 3 hours later :D

Good, innit?

But, true to say, I am really crap at flying those airplanes, just keep nose diving 'em.

I've never found a flight Sim I felt comfortable with, ever. I even found 'Secret Weapons Over Normandy' difficult. I wonder if I can use my joystick in BF1942? I'll have to check.

Anyways, I a little late coming to this game, but I can see many wasted hours ahead :D

Oh, and it looks good at 1600 x 1200 x 32 x 85Hz as well :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh man, you've only found this out now?!

You've got BF2 and loads of other varients to move on to next ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Oh man, you've only found this out now?!

You've got BF2 and loads of other varients to move on to next ;)

I know :blush:

Oh well, better late than never eh? ;)

BF2's good is it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes!!!

Set in modern times, massive complex maps (as in building sites etc...), brilliant graphics, easy online gameplay, great vehicles (tanks, jeeps, copters, jets, boats).

Best game I played had something like 60 people online at once with no lag. It actually felt like a real team game with about 5 of us scouting in a pack, coming under fire and taking up defensive positions.

Should be cheap to pick up now I guess :)

Not played it for months now but I think I'm going to have a go again tomorrow :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I wonder if I can use my joystick in BF1942? I'll have to check.

Just seen this bit now - yup it does work :thumb: The mouse is ok once you get the hang of it in aircraft though if you don't use them much.

I'm just about to get into BF2 again now :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
u use the mouse to fly? i cant get a hold of it like that.... i use the keyboard and i do a good job of not crashing :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Brilliant

BF2 is awesome m8.....u wont believe it till your submersed in warfare of the graphical type:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
BF2 is awesome m8.....u wont believe it till your submersed in warfare of the graphical type:)

I see.

And I've just bought BF1942 # 1.

Lemme play this awhile so's I can get my money's worth and I'll give BF2 a shot :)

Reaction score
There are upteen mods for bf1942, ie desert combat(gulf war) forgotton hope, Star wars, WW1, pirates, to name a few, you have got a lot of hours to spend on it my friend enjoy!
might even see you on the battlefield
icon7.gif

Ask a Question