Disappearing password

Reaction score
How can the password be prevented from disappearing from 'the Properties of an email account; Servers tab; Incoming mail Server; ? [The Properties are accessed from Outlook Express; Tools menu; Accounts; Mail tab; select an account.] It disappears despite the fact that 'Remember password' is ticked there.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Sebastian and welcome to the forums. You'll need to let us know which operating system you are using and which version of Outlook express, otherwise it's going to be difficult to help :).

Reaction score
Sebastian42 said:
Thank you
Creating a new Outlook Express identity seems like the way to go.
How can I make sure that the 'data' (addressbook, sent and received emails) will be available to import into the new identity, and that the new identity has the required credentials for importing the 'old' data ?

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I guess a backup and restore of the data would work ok (using this method):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

Alternatively, upgrading to Windows Live Mail may be beneficial - some features are improved, others are removed, so you'd need to read up on it a little first:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

My worries about the importation of data forced me to have another look at the options, and so I made a clone and on it, tried the Registry editing method - and though it is convoluted and NOT intuitive, it did in fact work. Problem solved !

Reaction score
Lidiasimon said:
[mucks edit: spam removed] Lidiasimon - thanks for your contribution; however 1. my problem is already solved, as stated and 2. password recovery was NOT at issue
[/size][/font]

Ask a Question