Windows 7 Disabled add ons needed for IE. They are now deleted?

Reaction score
Hello, Thank you for this forum .

My PC is an HP Laptop nc4400 running Windows 7pro sp1.

On Nov. 20th I disabled add ons related to i.e..

I did so to troubleshoot my Avira pro software which runs for updates but will not install any for up to 12 hours per day and then does so of it's own accord, after mid-night. This is when my action center flags the company requesting my permission to run the program, Yes, does nothing. Avira Pro interface shows RED and fix it button for updates, Again, Yes does nothing. It runs again a few hours later for a few hours only , on it's own.. No forums, including Avira have been able to help.

I received a note from Avira on the very day this problem began. It says my security settings are too high and real time protection is not running. What security settings?? I do not understand. Have changed them in tools/ i.e./ internet/ advanced/ for prompting from disabled and lowered security bar. No Help??.
Please see Picture #1.Note for Avira.

So, in my useless attempt to fix things, I did many things, including disabling add-ons re i.e. and now they are gone from all loaded add-ons. This has made it worse! Avira Updater runs but I get no updates at all. Here is an example from the action center which may help reveal the add-on name.
Please see Picture #2 ,
I have no recall about the technical name of the add-ons, DOMs ..HLMs... DCMs ????
To disable and re-enable these was one suggestion of so many things I have tried for weeks.
Please teach me how to reinstall these add.ons. Have looked everywhere, but without the names, well, no go! { 2 versions for i.e. 6/ 2 for i.e. 7, / 2 for i.e. 8, /1 for i.e. 11 and 1 for i.e. 12, which I do not have installed?
Please see picture #3. My version of ie11 and the one disabled to compare in pic 2...
Many thanks in advance, Lisa

Attachments

• WP 3] Events Warning for Avira Protect M Fix.txt
    398 bytes · Views: 484
  • RE Action Center and ie11.PNG
    RE Action Center and ie11.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 189
  • RE IE Version.PNG
    RE IE Version.PNG
    62.7 KB · Views: 164
Reaction score
Hi,
This is only my second post on this forum. I read the link suggestions but they are different.
Can you please help me reinstate the add-ons for i.e. versions 6. , 7 , 8, 11, and 12.
The Avira site has told me to call their support line but I am unable to speak. and off work for a long while.
Am in a bind ,please help. .Have had no Avira updates since 8am on Saturday, almost 38 hours ago.:blush:
So, only question is haw to reinstall add-ons for i.e. .:confused:
Do I need all the versions of add-ons of i.e. or only 11 and 12.??
Disabling them was just for a test , I had no idea that would cause them to be deleted from my add-ons. . At least I received some updates each day before the i.e. add-ons deleted themselves.
Not very good with PCs .
Thanks in advance, Lisa

Attachments

• RE Action Center and ie11.PNG
    RE Action Center and ie11.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 170
Reaction score
sorry, I know nothing about IE an less about Add-ons ...

you may find help at
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

:user:

you may find help at

No Help Anywhere.

you may find help at

Thanks for your information. Even IE had no idea what to do???
This is the link Microsoft Forum suggested,
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home It is the developers forum..
Will try it soon.

Ask a Question