Subject: Disable my Windows Update PLEASE!!
From: "=?Utf-8?B?U2hlbmc=?=" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 10/5/2004 9:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time

um.. how do i turn off automatic windows update?
i right click on my computer, go to properties, then click the windows
update tab... and then all the options are grey-ed out i can't click them.
automatic windows update is pissing me off =(

somebody help me!@!@!@
Start>Control Panel>Security Center>click on "Automatic Updates" under Manage
Security Settings and select turn off updates. However, I recommend setting
"Notify me but don't automatically download or install updates" because if you
turn it off entirely you'll have that annoying security icon permanently on
your taskbar to remind you that you're disobeying Oz the Great and Powerful.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Steve N.

Sheng said:
um.. how do i turn off automatic windows update?
i right click on my computer, go to properties, then click the windows
update tab... and then all the options are grey-ed out i can't click them.
automatic windows update is pissing me off =(

somebody help me!@!@!@

Are you logged in with administrator rights?

Steve

Trent©

Start>Control Panel>Security Center>click on "Automatic Updates" under Manage
Security Settings and select turn off updates. However, I recommend setting
"Notify me but don't automatically download or install updates" because if you
turn it off entirely you'll have that annoying security icon permanently on
your taskbar to remind you that you're disobeying Oz the Great and Powerful.

What icon?

I have it turned off...and I don't have any icon.

Have a nice one...

Trent

Phil

John Ski said:
Start>Control Panel>Security Center>click on "Automatic Updates"
under Manage Security Settings and select turn off updates. However,
I recommend setting "Notify me but don't automatically download or
install updates" because if you turn it off entirely you'll have that
annoying security icon permanently on your taskbar to remind you that
you're disobeying Oz the Great and Powerful.

That icon (notification) can be turned off as well. In security center click
on change the way security center alerts me. Uncheck auto-updates.