Digital Camera Suggestions

Reaction score
Hi

I am after a new Digital Camera, it would need to be either 10mp or above and come with a Lithium Ion Rechargeable. Your suggestions welcome.

I have been looking at this one, but it has a low Optical Zoom.

Cheers,

Wiz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Whatever you get don't sit on it
laughingsmiley.gif

This is quite a good site for information.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

happywave.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to use it for ?​
The difference between Optical and Digital zoom is quite simply ..digital enlarges a portion of your optical scope. so if you....errrmmmm​
:)

Reaction score
Hi Rush,

Thanks for your reply,

I'll have a look through the link.

I will be using it mainly for general picture taking, such as wildlife and landscapes and so on.

I have found this one as well,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-L...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244912290&sr=1-2

Your suggestions welcome.

I currently have a Kodak CX7525 5mp camera and its been great but it is now 5 years old and I fancy getting a more update camera.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I have a Nikon D50 with lenses, filters , etc ..its a bulky full kit but its unbelievable in terms of quality and its the first thing i pack when Holidaying...18x12 with no loss of quality...This has been superceded loads...​
Do you want compact or bulky and what size pics mainly will you print or will you keep them electronically saved ?​

Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I am looking for a compact one, I store most my photos on the computer or on a disk. If I print any pictures off they are usually between 10x 15cm 4x x 6 in.

Reaction score

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
It's not all about megapixels - lens/sensor quality are a bigger factor!
This ^^^

Sony and Panny use superior lenses iirc. :)

Reaction score
Top Camera

My folks recently bought a Panasonic FZ28 & the cheapest on-line was from Dixons.
10.1Megapixels & x18 Optical Zoom.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My eldest daughter has asked me to suggest a camera for her so I've been looking recently. Her two criteria are 'small' and priced between £150.00 and £200.00.

So far I've shortlisted the Sony DMCW210S which Wizkid has linked to in an earlier post and the Panasonic DMC-TZ4

The Panasonic is listed as a Best Compact Camera on Steve's Digicams. This choice is by no means final but I have determined that both cameras are good.

I have yet to look at other Panasonic compact cameras but I figure final choice will be a Panasonic or Sony from all the reading and searching I've done.

Steve's Digicams is a good site for info but I soon realised many of his Best camera choices are quite old, up to 4 years in some cases and quite a few are no longer manufactured. The site also doesn't offer a critique as such, it merely states what the cameras have and what they can do.

But, as I said, a good site full of information.

Chris is right on the money when he says lens quality is a bigger consideration than megapixel count. Anything over 5 megapixel will blow up nicely to A4 size and I don't see many people requiring bigger prints than that.

To state a case, back in 2002 I bought my first digital camera, a Canon Powershot A40 which was 2.1 megapixel. But it had a superb lens and I still maintain that all four cameras I've owned in between the A40 and my current G9 have taken inferior pix to that A40.

If you look at my 'Glastonbury 2003' pix in the Photographic section of the forum, those pix were taken with the Canon A40.

And guess what? Chris bought the A40 from me and last I heard his sister was using it. I kinda wish I'd never sold that camera, lol ;)

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi All

Thank you for your replies, I have got lots of information to read through and then pick a camera that I like, so far I have short listed it down to:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cybers...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244911594&sr=1-24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-L...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244912290&sr=1-2

I think out of all of them I will go for the Sony one.

Hi WiZ...the panasonic has a better zoom (20%).....sony is famous.....rock and hard place come to mind...extra zoom man. Extra Zoom (WizKid) geddit.
Zzzzz

Last edited:

Ask a Question