different dvd formats

Reaction score
im about to buy a dvd recorder

LG GSA-4167B 16X DVD±RW/RAM Dual Layer Internal IDE (Beige) - Retail Box since there dirt cheap now £31.72 inc VAT

ive read up all about it and it seems to do everthing, but unlike my cd re writer it seems to have about 100 types of dvd formats to burn

What i want to no is what type of disc should i buy

i will proberly be burning films so i want it to work with my dvd player and proberly will be downloading games, and then a bit of files been saved. So i dont care about re writing to much

let me no what u think
Leow

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep thats a good drive - If you are going to mainly burn films for use on a standalone DVD player, I would suggest using DVD-R discs - as they are generally more compatable, especially with older players.

Have a look on the LG support site, often they have a recommended Media List for the player, however usually you can use any good quality make of disc.

Reaction score
i orderd the dvd writer and got some dvd-r disc thanks for the help lets hope everthing goes well

Reaction score
not sure mate not that up on dvd writers

the only thinks i no is that it burns dual layer dvd disc which i think is fairly new or new to me anyway, burn ever type of dvd format as well and its 16x speed so i think its proberly one of the best dvd writers u can get atm, and the prices was very good £30, cant complain with that really

Reaction score
sounds like it to me. just wondering cos im looking to get the superdrive one as it burns dvd-ram too

Ask a Question