dvd writer cd problem

Reaction score
Ive recently brought a LG gsa-4167b dual layer dvd writer to replace my cd writer. i use nero 6 to burn. i recently burned a music cd onto a memorex 52x speed cd as ive been using since ive had a cd writer. i burnt the music at 48x and everthing went ok as usual, put it into my aiwa xr-mn5 cd player and it couldnt read the tracks, so my first thought was that id burned it to quick for the cd player as my old cd writer only burnt upto 32x, so i burned another copy doing the same thing but burnt is at 8x, and the same happend again it couldnt read the tracks, now ive checked the 2 cds in my computer which worked, dvd player which worked, another cd player in the house, in the car and they all all works, so my second thought was that it was the aiwa cd player, so i tryed a real cd's which are brought they worked, then i tryed my cds that ive burnt myself on my cd writer and they work, so im kind of out of ideas what it could be, it cant be the dvd writer cus the cds work which i burnt but not in my aiwa cd player. so whats changed ?

any ideas

Leow

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Change one small insignificant thing ... and ... it's a whole new ball game out there.

Welcome to the "art" of computing. ;)

Reaction score
no cd-r disc everthing is the same part from the dvd writer, but it works on everthing else apart from my cd player

ive only had the player for about a year, and its an mp3 player will play cd-r cd-rw

Reaction score
Is the brand of disk the same that you are using in both DVD drive and your old CD writer?

If so then its sounds like a laser calibration problem. Unfortunately neither party is at fault just one of those things. Reinstall your cd writer and use both?

Reaction score
ive been using memorex cd-r 52x disc

i just cant understand why the two copys ive done work on everthing apart from my cd player. I cant accept that its one of them thing there must be something i can do in settings or something

if i change the type of discs i use will that work ?

laser calibration problem whats that mean ?

Reaction score
Basically altho all unit are suppossed to work to exacting standards at time and ithis is in my experience different manufacturers have a slightly different laser settings. I'm not talking massive differences but nanometers difference, Which when reading a CD can cause all sorts of problems if the third party player cannt read it properly. Most third party player can, but maybe yours is having problems?

Have you tryed the disks in someone else player?

Reaction score
yeah in my sisters cd player my home entertainment system my computer in the car all work apart from my cd player

Reaction score
will it make any difference if i change the brand of cd-r i use ?

What r my options to solve this problem ?

muckshifter

Reaction score
leow said:
will it make any difference if i change the brand of cd-r i use ?

What r my options to solve this problem ?
Go back to the old re-writer ... try another 'brand' CDR ... change the player ... pass the whole system over to https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2242685.php and we'll give it a good home.

Not a lot you can do ... as I said, Welcome to the 'art' of computing. ;)

The word "compatability" does NOT exist in the world of computers.

:)

Reaction score
right i think i might change the brand of cd-r first see if that does anything, can u recomend another good brand, and where from ?

i cant put my old cd writer cus i havent got the room in my case, and i think it was starting to pack up.

then its selling my cd player on ebay, and getting a new one

muckshifter

Reaction score
can u recomend another good brand, and where from ?
Me, I just use the cheapest that is recomended by the seller at the computer show I go to now 'n then ... One of our other members will have some advice on that I'm sure.

:thumb:

Ask a Question