dvd writer not working

Reaction score
hello i know you havn't heard from me for a while but after all the advice i received last time i didn't have any more problems for you, but as you can guess i am having more problems. We have recently added more ram going from 128 mg to 640mg after adding 512mg and combining it with old ram. but since then our dvd writer won't write dvd's, it will copy disc from disc and it will burn cd's but not dvd's, we replaced the dvd writer thinking that was what the problem was but after installing the new dvd writer its still not burning dvd's we have also noticed that when its supposed to be burning there is flashing light and you can eject the disc tray? does any one know what could be causing these problems and what could fix it all help appreciated.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That is a peculiar one for sure.

As the only thing that's changed since two DVDRW drives displayed the same problem is you adding a 512Mb stick of RAM, try removing the new memory stick and burning a DVD then.

What two memory types to you have? Are they the same type? And which motherboard?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... and what operating system?

Me, I would take out the 128 ... just use the 512 ... if you still have a problem, then swap them over.

:thumb:

Reaction score
if taking out the 128 doesnt solve your problem for various reasons , check all the data cables, perhaps one was pulled ajar in the violent struggle to insert SDRam sticks

Ask a Question