deleting cookies/history/temp internet files

Most of the time I do not have any problems deleting history,cookies etc, but
every now and again, the only way to delete these it to manually select each
file and delete one by one. Seems to be related to the way certain internet
sites record their data onmmy pc. Has anyone encountered this before and
found a way to resolve this issue. Never noticed it happen in previous
windows OS

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Restart your computer in Safe mode, and then repeat steps 1 through 5.
1. Quit all running programs (including IE).
2. In Control Panel, double-click Internet Options.
3. On the General tab, click Clear History.
4. Click Yes, and then click OK.
5. Restart Internet Explorer.

To start in Safe Boot option, follow these steps:
1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On
a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems,
you can press the F8 key when you the Boot Menu appears.
2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and
then press ENTER.
3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and
then press ENTER.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

- - From: "=?Utf-8?B?cnVmb3VzMDM=?=" <[email protected]>
- - Subject: deleting cookies/history/temp internet files
- - Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 07:11:01 -0700
- -