Default user customizations missing

Grafis

XP SP2 Pro, Sysprep 1.1 on a Ghosted image. Using "Copy profile" to
overwrite Default profile with customized profile.

Most all Default ser settings stick but Folder views for example do not.
The local Administrator account looses many settings and gets some
settings applied as if it were a brand new account.

I saw this posted here, but it doesn't look like it applies?
(I'm not using RIPREP)
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887816>

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
There aren't enough details of what you are doing when you are copying
profiles to be sure, but that article would appear to apply to your
scenario.
XPSP2 changes the behavior so that after sysprep is run, the local
administrator is used to over write the default user profile.
So the default user profile is going to be over written the local
administrator profile.
This is not a sysprep change, this is a XPSP2 change for syssetup, so the
version sysprep doesn't matter.
The article points to the hotfix to change the behavior so as a new
unattended settings allow you to revery back to priovious behavior.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:48:28 -0500
<From: Grafis <[email protected]>
<Subject: Default user customizations missing
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
<
<XP SP2 Pro, Sysprep 1.1 on a Ghosted image. Using "Copy profile" to
<overwrite Default profile with customized profile.
<
<Most all Default ser settings stick but Folder views for example do not.
<The local Administrator account looses many settings and gets some
<settings applied as if it were a brand new account.
<
<I saw this posted here, but it doesn't look like it applies?
<(I'm not using RIPREP)
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887816>
<

Grafis

Ah, interesting! Thanks.
Right now I'm getting Default Users settings that I copy over from a
"setup" user with local admin privilidges. I'm not getting Network
Connections settings and Folder view settings among othe small issues.

What I am getting is NOT from the local administrator account, in fact
the local administrator account looses a lot of it's settings (recent
programs dissappear, removed icons show back up on the desktop etc).

Resuming banging head on wall and learning Unattend.txt options... :)