dcc problems

I'm having no joy using the File & Settings Transfer Wizard..

...i've got WIN XP PRO (SP2) and now WIN XP HOME (SP2) which i'm tryin to
transfer all my data onto, using a serial cable.

when i use the transfer wizard i get as far as autodetect .. and both comps
just hang on "please wait while the wizard is connecting to the other
computer"

i managed to make an advanced serial cable connection PRO > HOME from which
i could see the HOME shared files.. but was unable to make a direct
connection HOME > PRO (which is what i need.)

...i've turn on my computer today and now my PRO has lost it's "incoming"
settings and i cant get them back.. i get an error talking about "Incoming
Connections depend on the routing and remote access service which was unable
to start".

...in event viewer the description is.

The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error
2147483720 (0x80000048).

...does anybody have any ideas how to rectify this problem? so that either i
can get File & settings wizard to work properly or to make a Direct
Connection from HOME > PRO

thankin you

T ..

Gary Fose [MSFT]

On the machine with the error, delete the following registry key and reboot the machine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-
08002BE10318}\0000

HTH,
Gary
'--'From: =?Utf-8?B?ciBraWRk?= <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: dcc problems
'--'Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:05:03 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.