Windows XP Daemon Tools

Reaction score
I built the PC below just two weeks ago, anyway this weekend I decided I wanted to mount some CD images.
I had daemon tools on my old machine and have used it for a while now, but to my complete surprise when I installed the program on my new machine the install finished and my PC blue screened and re-booted! Fine I thought, let it re-boot then see what happens, once back in windows the xp auto hardware finder popped up trying to install the DVD drive daemon sets up on your pc, then I got into the situation where my PC just kept blue screening and re-booting.

It was very hot on Saturday so I left my machine off for a while to see if that was the reason, but after trying again in the evening when things were a little colder, no change; boot – blue screen – re-boot
So I stuck in my windows xp cd and re-built my machine, it now works fine. In fact I have re-built my machine twice as after the first time I was unsure if it was software or my PC was too hot and/or a hardware issue, therefore tried installing the software again.
So am certainly not going to install the program again, I just wondered if anyone could shed light on this? Or have had similar experiences.
Finally does anyone know of any other similar image mounting software that will not kill my system!? Lol
Much appreciated

Mikey

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Deamon Tools. I used to use it regular, although I must admit I havent used it for about 6 months now, as I just havent had the need for it..

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
BaseLine9 said:
So am certainly not going to install the program again, I just wondered if anyone could shed light on this? Or have had similar experiences

I've never had any problems with Daemon myself, perhaps you just had some bad luck with it? I don't know of any similar free software - Nero Image Drive is meant to be good, but you have to pay

Reaction score
After reading the Daemon tools forums, see techy's link above my pc kept BSOD because there were starforce drivers installed on my machine, these drivers were not allowing the emulation software to integrate into a DVD drive

http://www.firingsquad.com/features/starforce_interview/

I had Doom 3 installed (Full version that came with my graphics card) it was the only game I had installed so I can only presume this was where the drivers came from as they install with many new games.
I backed up my saves uninstalled Doom and the drivers, downloaded and installed the latest version from Daemon tools, hey presto omego, tequila sunrise!

Last edited:

Ask a Question