USB external drives and Daemon Tools Lite don't play nicely together

R

RayLopez99

USB external drives and Daemon Tools Lite don't play nicely together. Daemon Tools Lite problem.

This is a workaround I found that's for the web crawler and future reference, to the extent Usenet groups still get indexed by web crawlers and read by the public, which is doubtful it seems.

From my notes:

Daemon Tools Lite automatically maps to the "E" drive and creates a problemin that a USB drive cannot mount in Windows 8, since it also wants to be the "E" drive. Workaround: simply unmount Daemon Tools virtual drive for "E" and then OS can 'see' drive E for the USB drive. Works in Windows 7 as well.

C

Charlie Hoffpauir

USB external drives and Daemon Tools Lite don't play nicely together. Daemon Tools Lite problem.

This is a workaround I found that's for the web crawler and future reference, to the extent Usenet groups still get indexed by web crawlers and read by the public, which is doubtful it seems.

From my notes:

Daemon Tools Lite automatically maps to the "E" drive and creates a problem in that a USB drive cannot mount in Windows 8, since it also wants to be the "E" drive. Workaround: simply unmount Daemon Tools virtual drive for "E" and then OS can 'see' drive E for the USB drive. Works in Windows 7 as well.

Is this only a problem with Win 8? I ask because I've used Daemon
Tools Lite and Win 7 without any problems like you're describing. My
many USB drives work fine as whatever drive letter I've assigned them
to.

Ask a Question