Dabs.com

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I ordered from Dabs on the 13.11.2007 . Nothing arrived .So I contacted them on 21.11.2007 .

You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
You have been connected to Donna (cs).
*Donna (cs):* Good afternoon, how may we help you?
*Customer:* Order Details - 12 Nov 2007 22:35 GMT+00:00
Google Order No.646570479443250 - dabs.com Order No.9468067 Its been 8 days
since I placed my order so I'm wondering where my order is . Thanks
*Donna (cs):* I will check for you.
*Customer:* Hi Donna Thanks
*Customer:* Hi any news
*Donna (cs):* Sorry to keep you waiting
*Donna (cs):* the parcel is on its way back to us
*Customer:* thats ok
*Donna (cs):* A refund will be issued upon its return
*Customer:* why was it not deliverd
*Customer:* and why can't you just deliver it to me
*Customer:* This was a present that I am supposed to deliver to my family
100 miles away this weekend I don't really want a refund I'd like the goods
Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....
Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....
Network connection re-established.
*Customer:* Hi are you still there
*Donna (cs):* yes
*Donna (cs):* The tracking shows that the driver attempted on 14/11/07. A
different diver was unable to deliver due to being unable to locate the
address it was held in the depot for a days and it is now being returned.
*Customer:* Hi so whats happening then
*Donna (cs):* for 4 days
*Donna (cs):* Please accept my apologies for the confusion.
*Donna (cs):* The order will be automatically refunded upon its return
*Customer:* Thats rubish as my house shows up on nearly all the on-line map
services
*Customer:* I'd rather have the order delivered to save me putting in
another order
*Donna (cs):* I can only confirm the details that I have.
*Donna (cs):* If you would like this matter investigated further please
email (e-mail address removed)
*Customer:* Thanks
*Donna (cs):* Is there anything further we can assist you with today?

I was not happy with the answer I got from the on-line help so I sent an e-mail asking,

So why can't you just send out the order when its returned ???

They replied ,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
smlnopresence.gif
dabs.com Customer Services Team
to me
show details
22 Nov (4 days ago) Dear Customer,

Please refer to the chat session. There is nothing we can do. Apologies for this.

Regards

Customer Services
dabs.com Plc

For answers to all your common questions, please visit www.dabs.com/help
The information in this e-mail (which includes any files transmitted with it) is intended for the addressee only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Copyright in this e-mail and any document created by us and sent as an attachment to this e-mail will be and remain vested in us and will not be transferred to you. We assert the right to be identified as the author of and to object to any misuses of the contents of this e-mail or such documents. Whilst we run anti-virus software on all internet e-mails we are not liable for any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own anti-virus software. Nothing in this e-mail or any attachment shall be an acceptance of any offer previously made nor shall be itself an offer capable of acceptance to form a legally binding contract. dabs.com plc, Registered in England number 2621728. Registered Office: National Logistics Centre, Wingates Industrial Park, Westhoughton, Bolton, BL5 3XU. Contact (e-mail address removed).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Then they sent me a refund ,

Hello Mr XXXX XXXXXXXXXX,

dabs.com has issued a refund for £55.43 to your VISA xxx-8271 . Please note that the refund may not appear in your credit card account for several days.

• Refund reason: Other (describe below)
Order Details - 12 Nov 2007 22:35 GMT+00:00
Google Order No.646570479443250 - dabs.com Order No.9468067
Delivery Status Qty Item Price Shipped 1 Kingston 1GB Secure Digital Card - Kingston's standard Secure Digital (SD) memory cards combine massive storage capacity, blazing data transfer rates and iro... £6.60 [size=-2] Carrier: Other - Tracking No.: 171245508021[/size] 1 Cibox 9" Digital Photo Frame - TYPE OF DISPLAY: TFT DISPLAY TFT SIZE: 9" SUPPORT PLAYBACK FORMAT: MP3/ MP4/ JPEG SUPPORTS OSD LANGUAGE : English, Fre... £48.83 Shipping & Handling (1-3 Working Days) : £6.00Total : £61.4323 Nov Refund : -£55.43
Total charged: £6.00 [size=-2](includes VAT £9.14)

[/size]

So their carrier failed to deliver my goods . I asked them to send out the goods again and said I did not want a refund . They refuse to do the decent thing and send out my goods .

Then .

They charge me £6 for their cock up .

Not in my lifetime . :mad:

What can I do to get my money back from these thieves .

:mad::mad::mad:

I have marked the e-mail with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's

Last edited:

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Contact them again demanding a refund of this charge as it was their fault.

Ask them how they can arrive at a figure of £6.00 total charge when you have had no services from them, as there was no delivery there can be no return charge.

Iif they refuse, threaten to contact trading standards, if they still refuse, actually contact trading standards.

Abarbarian said:
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. ............ Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Copyright in this e-mail and any document created by us and sent as an attachment to this e-mail will be and remain vested in us and will not be transferred to you.

In light of what was printed at the bottom of that e-mail I'd remove the e-mail from the post before a DABS representative sees it.

Edit: Ah - I see you paid by credit card. I believe there are specific laws regarding these - Distance Selling being one of them - however not possessing a credit card myself I do not know the ins & outs of it. Someone else will know though
nod.gif

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Electronics & Photo Fan said:
Contact them again demanding a refund of this charge as it was their fault.

Ask them how they can arrive at a figure of £6.00 total charge when you have had no services from them, as there was no delivery there can be no return charge.

Iif they refuse, threaten to contact trading standards, if they still refuse, actually contact trading standards.

In light of what was printed at the bottom of that e-mail I'd remove the e-mail from the post before a DABS representative sees it.

Thanks I'd already thought about Trading Standards . I have sent an e-mail to Dabs but they won't like it . If they do not refund me I will first contact Googlecheckout and my credit card to see what they can do .

If posting the e-mail will get PCR in trouble them will the mods please delete it and I will post the details in another form . If the thieving gits want to tak eme to court over posting an e-mail , bring it on but I do not want to cause trouble for PCR .

Me I'm mad , fighting mad . Just what a viking thrives on .

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Check your protection from your credit card company - they might be able to help further with this. If it was the couriers fault then you shouldn't be liable :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Check your protection from your credit card company - they might be able to help further with this. If it was the couriers fault then you shouldn't be liable :thumb:

Cheers Ian its going to be a struggle but 9 o'clock in the morning and I'll be on the phone to them .

Whatever happened to customer service ? Are we doomed to live in a world that only thinks of profit . Someone should make a game of it where the players get to hang draw and quarter the evil suppliers .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well the credit card company could not help . Seems as Dabs had given me a partial refund they could not help as the dispute was over the wrongly charged delivery fees . Now that seems wrong to me as Dabs were breaking the Distance Selling Act , hmmm .
Anyways after finding out about the DSA I sent Dabs a e-mail informing them that I wanted my money back and mentioned Trading Standards (who were very helpful when I phoned them) and the DSA .
Hey presto Dabs have issued me a refund for the disputed delivery charges .
What appaling service from a company that is now owned by BT .
End of story .

happywave.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yay result!! :thumb: Really glad to hear that you were properly reimbursed - shame they couldn't have been more obliging in the first instance though :nod:

Reaction score
I never did like dabs even before bt got there.

There price are sky high and are,nt cheap.

There based in Bolton i think.

One they don,t even offer a phone service ,only e mail.

Am glad you got a refund from this joke of a company.

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I thought the prices were ok or I would not have ordered . Its the service that was awful .

nod.gif

Ask a Question