cursor in upper right corner loads XP screensaver

H

Heally

This may be a stupid question, if so please forgive.

Just upgraded from W2K to XP and have noticed that whenever I place the cursor all the way into the upper right corner of the screen, regardless of what is on display (even the desktop), the screen goes black and the Windows XP screensaver is displayed. Is this normal? Is it, for some reason, part of XP? I don't see why, but who knows.

It's more likely that this results from some software or hardware issues with by system. But before I begin the arduous process of attempting to find the culprit, I thought it best to find out if it's an XP SP1 issue, desired or not.

WindowsXP SP1
1.33 GHz Athlon
A7M266 Asus MB
Eizo L675 18" LCD via DVI to:
Hercules GF3 Graphics Card

S

Sharon F

This may be a stupid question, if so please forgive.

Just upgraded from W2K to XP and have noticed that whenever I place the cursor all the way into the upper right corner of the screen, regardless of what is on display (even the desktop), the screen goes black and the Windows XP screensaver is displayed. Is this normal? Is it, for some reason, part of XP? I don't see why, but who knows.

It's more likely that this results from some software or hardware issues with by system. But before I begin the arduous process of attempting to find the culprit, I thought it best to find out if it's an XP SP1 issue, desired or not.

WindowsXP SP1
1.33 GHz Athlon
A7M266 Asus MB
Eizo L675 18" LCD via DVI to:
Hercules GF3 Graphics Card

This sounds like a feature that was included with past versions of Plus!
called "hot corners." Basically, the feature invoked the screensaver
whenever the mouse cursor was moved to a corner of the desktop. It is not a
feature in WinXP. I don't think it was a feature in Win2000. It could be a
feature of another wallpaper/screensaver program besides Plus!.

H

Heally

Thanks Sharon.

Now that I know that it's not a feature inherent to XP,
I'll start looking at the various programs I've installed that might have enabled this feature without my being aware.

Tho I don't have Plus! installed, and I'm not running any add-on screensavers.

S

Sharon F

Thanks Sharon.

Now that I know that it's not a feature inherent to XP,
I'll start looking at the various programs I've installed that might have enabled this feature without my being aware.

Tho I don't have Plus! installed, and I'm not running any add-on screensavers.

You're welcome! Hope you find it.

Ask a Question