Credit Crunch

Reaction score
Went shopping in Guildford today & the place was packed.
Most shops were heaving, took 10 minutes to pay in WHSmith & Starbucks were full, so no caramel coffee for me.:(
Car parking as ever was a nightmare!

If their is a credit crunch it will hit when everyone gets their credit card statements in 2009!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds the same as in Manchester - thankfully I did most of my Christmas shopping online :)

Bex went to the Trafford Centre around this time last year and it took about 40 mins just to find a parking space, so I'm avoiding anywhere along those lines like the plague for now ;)

Reaction score
feckit said:
Went shopping in Guildford today & the place was packed.
Most shops were heaving, took 10 minutes to pay in WHSmith &

What time were you there..? I was there this morning at about 10:00am and must have stood in a line for 35 minutes in WHS..Went downstairs in the shooping mall for something to eat and pretty much went straight back up again, it were that packed...

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
What time were you there..? I was there this morning at about 10:00am and must have stood in a line for 35 minutes in WHS..Went downstairs in the shooping mall for something to eat and pretty much went straight back up again, it were that packed...

Should have gone to Specsavers:D

Reaction score
Got into Guildford at 11:30 just in time for the lunch time crowd.
You were not that nutter in front of me buying half the shop were you???

Reaction score
feckit said:
Got into Guildford at 11:30 just in time for the lunch time crowd.
You were not that nutter in front of me buying half the shop were you???

Nah I was the bloke behind you laughing while you were trying conceal the fact you had just purchased some Frankie Vaughnin a seriously crowded WH Smiths
laughingsmiley.gif
:p

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Oh please do explain this one, I appear to have miis your humour here..?

It is from an advert on the TV Should have gone to Specsavers as the service is quicker >another Mums gone to iceland more choice. >Another go to work on an egg! No I would prefer to catch a bus its quicker.... Etc::D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rush said:
2 loonies in Guildford....lol :lol:
I dont go their much as i find the place to expensive.
I'm happy to admit i'm a bit loony, are others?
After all go to the link below!!

Reaction score
Rush said:
I got it Itsme :wave:

Yeah I got it eventually....lol Historian, i'm still using Comic Sans Ms, but I have it to italic now, and the fact i'm using black as the color..Having the lazer surgery the other day has made such an improvement..Its like a new world to me..

Reaction score
feckit said:
I dont go their much as i find the place to expensive.
I'm happy to admit i'm a bit loony, are others?
After all go to the link below!!

I am out there quite often, have an ex that lives there, was with her for a good few years and basically brought her kids up, alwauys told them even though their mum and i'd split, didn't mean i'd abandon them, so always kept in contact...
As for been looney, hey I hold both my hands up high....
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
:p

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I am out there quite often, have an ex that lives there, was with her for a good few years and basically brought her kids up, alwauys told them even though their mum and i'd split, didn't mean i'd abandon them, so always kept in contact...
very admirable m8 ...nice one

Last edited:
Reaction score
gavinhodges00 said:
I am also looking for online shopping , but fear from phishing sites , any technique to identify phishing site.
My Kaspersky Internet Security picks these sites up so i'm protected from most.
If you go to a well known site you are less likely to have any problems.:thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
gavinhodges00 said:
I am also looking for online shopping , but fear from phishing sites , any technique to identify phishing site.

You might find Firefox browser's Phishing and Malware Protection interesting. It will let you know if you are visiting a known Phishing website.
:thumb:

Edit: Sorry, I should also have mentioned IE7 also has anti-Phishing filters: Here

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:

Edit: Sorry, I should also have mentioned IE7 also has anti-Phishing filters: Here

Your link doesn't seem to work, TC. :confused:

Or is it just me?

Ask a Question