Windows XP Create a new Incoming connection

Reaction score
Dear Sirs

I have a problems When I create a new connection---> choose "Setup an advanced connection"---> choose NEXT----> Choose Accept incoming connections". The computer is waiting a few minutes and then show following error messages :

Incoming Connections Warning!

"Incoming Connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access service which was unable to start. For more information, check the event log.

I checked the status on my computer as follows:

1) Telephony : Status is STARTED and Startup type is MANUAL

2) Remote access auto connection manager : Status is STARTED and Startup type is MANUAL

3) Remote access connection manager : Status is STARTED and Startup type is MANUAL

4) Routing and remote access : Status : STOP and Startup type is AUTOMATIC

Please could you help me how to create an Accept incoming connection success!

Thanks in advance for help!

Lebao

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
More info needed.

Are you on XP or Vista (or anything else)?

How do you connect to the internet? Cable or wifi?

Reaction score
Dear Ian,

My computer want to create Incoming connection using the window XP.

I want to create an Incoming connection with purpose we will connect from other computer to this computer via Modem with telephone line. We need create an INCOMING CONNECTION in Network Place of Window XP. But until now, i have not created an INCOMING CONNECTION yet, this computer is always show error message as follows:

Incoming Connections Warning!
"Incoming Connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access service which was unable to start. For more information, check the event log.

I think this computer there are some wrong setting in the Window XP but i don't know how to fit it and then we can create an INCOMING CONNECTION

Please could you help me!

Thanks!
LeBao

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Set up and advanced connections can be found in Services. Go to Search and type in services.msc and then click Search.When Services comes up click on it and you should get a long list.

The four items you listed in your first post are all on the long list.

I checked all my settings for these and the only two differences to yours are in Routing and Remote Access and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager . Routing and Remote Access is set at Disabled and Stopped whereas yours are set at Automatic and Stopped. Try changing from Automatic to Disabled and see if you get a connection. If you fail to get a connection change the setting back to Automatic.

My Remote Access Auto Connection Manager is set at Manual and Stopped whereas yours is Manual and Started. Try changing yours to Stopped and again see if you get a connection.

If these changes don't work individually try changing both (so they are exactly like mine)

Best of luck.:thumb:

Last edited:

Ask a Question