Coronavirus Preparation

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I started my journey in the arts with Desmond Murray and later with Chee Soo. Shortly before his death Chee handed over the running of the organisation to Desmond. Desmond allowed me to play at the arts way back when and by doing so saved my life in a way. It is nice to see the huge impact he has made to the world.

By my own experience I can say that practising the arts brings considerable health benefits to the practitioner, both mentally and physically.

We are thrilled to announce Desmond Murray's nomination by the Shandong Wushu Association on a China-wide National Level Poll as one of the most influential Taiji Masters in China. Few people know that Desmond Murray, as well as being the President of the International Taoist Society (ITS) for the past 25 years, is also the first non-Chinese Overseas President of the the Weihai Wushu Association and the first non-Chinese Vice President of the Shandong Wushu Association. Shandong is a province in China of over 100 Million people! Thanks to his dedication and decades of work, as well as the work of all the teachers and students in our community, the Taoist Lishi Arts are now recognised as an authentic ancient Tai Chi system by the Chinese Wushu Association and by the Daoist Association in China. If you would like to discover more about the ITS, the organisation which promotes and teaches the Taoist Arts of Lishi, visit: https://internationaltaoistsociety.org/

On 23rd June 2018 in Leeds, the International Daoist Society opened the first Daoist Temple in the UK in partnership with the White Cloud Temple in Beijing. It was an historic event in more ways than one and a wonderful experience for everyone present. We are creating a short video about the day and will post 9 daily pictures from the opening event. The date was picked by Abbott Zhao from the White Cloud Temple as being particularly auspicious and the seed is now planted for us to raise money to buy or build a more permanent Centre for the Daoist Arts.

You must be the really handsome guy. ;):p

Yup youthfull, long blond hair,blue eyes,lean fit toned body, that was me. I was only a novice back then and should really not have been on a course for instructor grades. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
This must be the best anti-virus mask so far....................

AntiVirus.JPG

:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Sobering reading,

Coronavirus attacks lining of blood vessels all over the body, Swiss study finds    Researcher says virus enters ‘defence line’ and causes circulation problems, which can lead to multiple organ failure

The coronavirus attacks the lining of blood vessels all over the body, which can ultimately lead to multiple organ failure, according to a new study published in The Lancet.
“This virus does not only attack the lungs, it attacks the vessels everywhere,” said Frank Ruschitzka, an author of the paper from University Hospital Zurich.

It then reduces the blood flow to different parts of the body and eventually stops blood circulation, according to Ruschitzka, chairman of the heart centre and cardiology department at the university hospital in Switzerland.

“From what we do see clinically, patients have problems in all organs – in the heart, kidney, intestine, everywhere,” he said.

That also explained why smokers and people with pre-existing conditions who had a weakened endothelial function, or unhealthy blood vessels, were more vulnerable to the novel virus, he said.

:(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
This highly relevant bit of info was published way back in November 2015.

Date: November 10, 2015

Source: University of Southampton

Summary: Copper can effectively help to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, which are linked to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), new research shows. Animal coronaviruses that 'host jump' to humans, such as SARS and MERS, result in severe infections with high mortality. Researchers found that a closely-related human coronavirus - 229E - can remain infectious on common surface materials for several days, but is rapidly destroyed on copper.

Full article here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/11/151110102147.htm

Sounds a bit familiar. So I wonder why copper surfaces have not been installed in venues which might be considered high-risk?

I also wonder why there was no mass quarantine back then, despite the serious nature of SARS, MERS and 229E?

Gosh, so much wondering has exercised my brain cell enough for one day! :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Countess of Wessex is secretly volunteering alongside professional chefs making lunches for NHS staff battling the coronavirus pandemic

The Countess of Wessex has been working secretly as a volunteer making lunches for NHS staff during the coronavirus pandemic.

Sophie, wife of the Queen's son, Prince Edward, has been volunteering once a week alongside professional chefs organised by the millionaire British financier Ian Wace, the Mail can reveal.

His team have been producing a staggering 59,000 free meals a week, working 24-hours a day, for frontline staff in hospitals across Greater London including Barts, King's, Epsom and St Helier.

What a wonderful effort. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Things seem to be busying up everywhere at the moment, the roads are a lot busier than a few weeks ago and lots more shops seem to be opening up (i.e. even Greggs is opening up a trial to open shops). I've also noticed that people don't seem to be quite as strict with social distancing in shops. It looks like quarantine fatigue is setting in!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah it feels much busier on the roads now. Lockdown isn't being taken as seriously as it was is it?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Saw two speed camera vans today, I may have been caught by one. First camera vans I have seen for over a month. I must admit I have been putting me foot down what with there being no traffic on the roads. :rolleyes:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I must admit I have been putting me foot down what with there being no traffic on the roads. :rolleyes:

Naughty, naughty. ;)

Someone was clocked at over 80 mph in a 30 zone the other day. He said he thought it would be OK as there was no traffic about !!!!!

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Disgusting that people are not taking it seriously anymore.

I would be fining people now. Italy and Spain did it.
If you cannot prove without a doubt why you are out for good reason instant fine

NO ifs, No Buts £250 to start then £500 going to £1000.
The money made can go toward foodbanks or PPE

It is really p*ssing me off now that people are endangering other lives because of their selfishness

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It would be wonderful if this turned out to be correct...............

Trouble is no-one else has come up with a similar idea so maybe it's not correct at all. :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Disgusting that people are not taking it seriously anymore.

I would be fining people now. Italy and Spain did it.
If you cannot prove without a doubt why you are out for good reason instant fine

NO ifs, No Buts £250 to start then £500 going to £1000.
The money made can go toward foodbanks or PPE

It is really p*ssing me off now that people are endangering other lives because of their selfishness

gettyimages-1221079103.jpg

California governor closes Orange County beaches after crowded weekend

That will really make you blow yer top then :lol:

I do hope Boris tells border control to quarantine all flyers from america to the uk in special camps for at least 14 days, or better still ban all american flights. :cool:

Ask a Question