Coronavirus Preparation

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed. Official figures for China are 83,027 cases and only 4,634 dead. No way.

Reaction score
There has been a recent Pandemic of Covid in China, however the Pandemic of corruption and governmental cover ups and Chinese austerity and the inclusion of bare faced lying has been going on for decades.

They take every opportunity to corrupt the information that appears in front of them. And because of this even the giant Huwawei is accused of spying for the communist parties and have lost billions in contracts world wide. Can't all be wrong can it. They even lie and manipulate millions of people in eCommerce to gain monetarily. Watch out China the world is finally becoming wise to your antics

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
15_71.jpg

Reaction score
And the sh1t may hit the fan again. Was it only the southerners that did this in mass droves?
I haven't seen anywhere else!

Half a million'ish people???! Really???

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Saw that on the news last night, really shows the level of common sense that some people have.

Did you see the aftermath after they had all gone? The beach looked like a landfill as they weren't officially open and not prepared to handle all those people.

I guess this is what happens when all the chavs can't go to Benidorm and alike...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Who's downloaded the app then? I installed it this morning, my phone hasn't blown up yet.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Who's downloaded the app then? I installed it this morning, my phone hasn't blown up yet.

I did. I also installed the King's College App but half way through uninstalled. Couldn't be a*sed answering all the questions.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I did. I also installed the King's College App but half way through uninstalled. Couldn't be a*sed answering all the questions.
The symptom tracker? Same here, I don't mind doing it each day but my God, it was worse than trying to get a mortgage!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not downloaded it yet, but read about it in the news last night. Am I right in thinking that the app just alerts you if you were physically close to someone else that reported symptoms?

edit: Just read the link and here's what it does:

• Trace: find out when you've been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus.
  • Alert: lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
  • Check-in: get alerted if you've visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more form filling.
  • Symptoms: check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a test.
  • Test: helps you order a test if you need to.
  • Isolate: keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.

Reaction score
My wife and I (we are both in our 80s)have been wondering about this app.
As we don't have a "smart" phone,just a simple mobile, we are puzzled as to what type of "smart" phone we would need to be able to down load this app. Does it have to be a very expensive one,or would one that,say,cost £80 do? In other words just how "smart" does it have to be?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
would one that,say,cost £80 do?

I don't think so. I have an iPhone 6 ( donated by my daughter) and that is not sufficient to download this app. You would need at least an iPhone 7 and that would cost several hundred pounds. When I go anywhere I have to simply leave my name and mobile number - not as easy as using the app - but still allowing me to be traced. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As we don't have a "smart" phone,just a simple mobile, we are puzzled as to what type of "smart" phone we would need to be able to down load this app. Does it have to be a very expensive one,or would one that,say,cost £80 do? In other words just how "smart" does it have to be?
If you bought an Android phone, rather than Apple, it would probably run without problems on a budget phone - I suspect an £80 phone would easily do it (i.e. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3157864. Just make sure it runs a recent version of Android (9 at minimum, ideally 10). I don't think there's any real compulsion to have the app at the moment - as @nivrip says, if you're out for a meal you can just leave details in person.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Looks like any Android phone running version 6 or above will run the application.

Additional Information
Updated
September 25, 2020
Size
9.8M
Installs
1,000,000+
Current Version
3.6 (69)
Requires Android
6.0 and up

Content Rating
PEGI 3
Learn More
Permissions
View details
Flag as inappropriate
Offered By
Google Commerce Ltd
Developer
Visit website
(e-mail address removed)
Privacy Policy

:cool:

Reaction score
If you bought an Android phone, rather than Apple, it would probably run without problems on a budget phone - I suspect an £80 phone would easily do it (i.e. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3157864. Just make sure it runs a recent version of Android (9 at minimum, ideally 10). I don't think there's any real compulsion to have the app at the moment - as @nivrip says, if you're out for a meal you can just leave details in person.
Thanks Ian.
Another thing that puzzles me, on the Argos web site,is that these phones are sim free. I thought that all these phones had to have a sim card in them to work. Is'nt the sim a sort of memory or storage thing?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Another thing that puzzles me, on the Argos web site,is that these phones are sim free. I thought that all these phones had to have a sim card in them to work. Is'nt the sim a sort of memory or storage thing?

The SIM card ( subscriber identity module ) is specific to you. It has info about you and most of the things that you save on your phone end up on the SIM including your actual phone number. If you buy a new phone which includes the SIM then you will have a new phone number (although there are ways of getting your old number back) but if you buy one which is SIM free you simply take the SIM out of your old phone and put it in your new one. So you will have the same phone number and all the stuff you have saved to the old phone will appear on the new one.

I have just done this very thing and it certainly makes changing your phone very easy. I now have a new phone with all my old info on it. :)

Ask a Question