connect PC to TV :-s

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought a 32" HD TV and want to be able to watch films etc from PC on the TV, i don't need it to necessarily be HD but would like it. I understand that i would need to get a new video card to do this because my PC has an old one. What options do i have, what do you recommend, and what are the costs like?
Thanks for replying and for your time.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If your computer has a VGA socket for video out, most modern TV's have a vga socket in where you can connect your PC to your TV and treat the TV just like a monitor.

A better connection is if you have a DVI video socket on your computer to get a DVI to hdmi lead and connect to the TV through that, you'll get a better resolution.

Reaction score
My TV doesn't have a VGA socket, it has socket for HDMI, scart and the red, white and yellow sockets. a DVI socket for my computer would require a new video card..? Are they expensive?
Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
tedda222 said:
My TV doesn't have a VGA socket, it has socket for HDMI, scart and the red, white and yellow sockets. a DVI socket for my computer would require a new video card..? Are they expensive?
Thanks

Assuming your PC has a pci-e graphics slot and you don't want to play the latest games, a video card to suit would probably cost you around 40 to 50 quid.

Plus a suitable cable will cost you at least £20.00 for a decent one.

Reaction score
How would i know which video card would work in my PC? I'm not fussed about playing the latest games.
Which cable and card would you recommend?
Thanks again

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
We need to know more about your computer specs, more specifically, what graphics card slot it has.

Ask a Question