Config.Msi Error 1321

G

We have an installation package developed using InstallShield (Developer and then ported to DevStuio)

I get the Error 1321 for and .rbf file in the Config.Msi directory when I uninstall our package. I have seen many similar complaints with a different Error number 1926 for various other products.

I checked the privileges for the SYSTEM and Admin, etc as suggested in responses to them.

Still no luck!.

I would appreciate if someone can shed light.

P

Phil Wilson

This from Carolyn Napier in the win2000.msi group, 12/7, hope she doesn't
mind me repeating it here:

One thing to verify is that NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM has full control on the C
drive.
Try running "cacls.exe c:\" from a command prompt. You should at least see
something that includes the following:

C:\>cacls c:\
c:\ BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F

--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----
BMS said:
We have an installation package developed using InstallShield (Developer and then ported to DevStuio).

I get the Error 1321 for and .rbf file in the Config.Msi directory when I
uninstall our package. I have seen many similar complaints with a different
Error number 1926 for various other products.

G

Thanks for you reply, Phil

I have seen in previous emails that I have to give full access to the SYSTEM account. That is why in my original email I mentioned that I have already done that

Anyway, I double checked and have seen that it is the case. However, the problem still exists

The application actually is installed on D: drive. I have checked the access on it as well

The other complication is that we use SFU (Services for Unix) which has its own security implications. It does not match with Windows Security.

I understand it is related to security issues. But, what I donot understand is howcome its complaint is about a file in a hidden directory which created on the fly during installation. The installer seems to be unable to access/delete a file that it has created

Maybe the error message is misleading

Help is very much appreciated...

Ask a Question