Computer shutting down...

Reaction score
Ok so last week my computer was working fine. Friday, my mom takes my internet cable to my computer cuz i got in trouble. Yesterday i get my hands on a wireless card and use that to access the internet to play my game world of warcraft. When i logged on, my computer restarted and gave me a "driver_irql_not_less" blabla. So, after about 20 times of that. i finally reinstalled my drivers and the game. Now, as if shutting down during the game was bad enough, my computer restarts itself when the game tries to patch itself.

So i want to know all the damn possibilities of this happening. What could have gone wrong over 3 days of not being on my computer at all? I'm not computer savvy so saying to do a bunch of techincal stuff like "check your BIOS" without an explanation won't work on my brain :(

thanks far far far in advance.

Reaction score
So you want me to help you get on the net because your "Mom" has taken away the cable to connect to the net?
All because you did something wrong, is that right??

T3hslasher said:
I'm not computer savvy so saying to do a bunch of techincal stuff like "check your BIOS" without an explanation won't work on my brain :( thanks far far far in advance.

Your not in the USA are you???

Last edited:
Reaction score
So you want me to help you get on the net because your "Mom" has taken away the cable to connect to the net?
All because you did something wrong, is that right??

No Murdoch, I simply want SOMEONE/ANYONE to tell me why my COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN when I try to play a game and/or download the patch for it, you know, like I said. My mom taking my cord has long been resolved and that is not the issue at hand, but to clear up what you tried to say, had I wanted you to help me get on the net, I wouldn't be asking you, because I wouldn't be on the net. As for me not being in the USA, I have no clue what that even means. I don't know if I could be any more clear when I said that I don't know what half of that stuff means. I only said that because I've searched for this problem and always find answers to other people saying all this technical stuff that, as much as it pains you to say, I don't know about.

Plz read what I typed next time, and if my "insulting" vibe I'm getting from you is wrong, I'm sorry.

Reaction score
I'm only going on what you say and in the first line you say your Mom took the lead because you were in trouble.
I suggest you re-install the drivers for wireless card as this could well be the problem.

As for "Plz read what I typed next time" i did, thats why i'm suggesting you do as i have said above
If you dont like the advice i'm giving you then i suggest you go elsewhere!
Now you have a nice day:p

Last edited:

Ask a Question