Computer screen resolution

Reaction score
the resolution on my computer screen when hooked up to my television comes out stretched; I've tried all the aspect ratios etc. does someone have experience with that? guessing I might need a special driver, thanks. gabe aufiero

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
the resolution on my computer screen when hooked up to my television comes out stretched; I've tried all the aspect ratios etc. does someone have experience with that? guessing I might need a special driver, thanks. gabe aufiero

Computer specs and TV specs please :D

Reaction score
thanks a bunch, would be great if you had input offhand - it's a dell precision 490 and a sony bravia. if not i can always keep digging around

Reaction score
What kind of connection are you using? In my experience using an HDMI cable to hook a laptop up to a tv, it was a mess. Finding just the right resolution will usually just be a game of playing with it until it looks good. Good luck!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
we are very good at searching for information, but we need ALL the information to help properly, for example, reading the manual, may help ... the Sony Bravia KDL26EX553 LED HD 720p Smart TV has a screen resolution of 1280 x 720 ... and all I did was ask Mr Google.

Reading your first post, it seems to me you are trying to connect your monitor to a TV. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question